New LC200 front bumper from Dissent Off-road *teaser* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happy customer here!

41D20F65-9EF7-4295-948D-FFE3C20E3530.jpeg

I like it a lot but where I live I need the coverage of a full wrap bumper. I plan to admire these on every one else's trucks.

Something anyone can do at home with basic mechanic tools. The only thing you may need to borrow or buy is a tool to cut the factory bumper with.
Edit** disregard this -----> Do you mean the bumper plate behind the actual plastic bumper requires cutting? If so those who wish to switch from bull bars would need to find the plate again

Just read the above responses

Filip from Dissent Off-road here, I wanted to update you all on some exciting changes to our LC200 lineup. We really appreciate all the support we receive from mud so we wanted to announce it here first.

We have redesigned our low profile bumper that fits all years of the Land Cruiser 200 bringing it up to date with our Full Replacement 2016+ bumper and our LX 570 front.

The old low-profile bumper was the evolution of our 100 series bumper adapted for the 200. The 2016+ Full Replacement and LX 570 bumpers were designed with a clean slate for the 200 platform. So now we bring in our low-profile bumper to follow suit and to update it to our current design language. All three bumpers will utilize the same center section which will be available with or without the 30" light bar provision. It is very similar to the LX 570 front bumper but with different wings that match the profile of the Land Cruiser.

Everything else you love about our 200 bumpers stays the same. It's still largely made out of Aluminum (steel frame brackets), supports all our lighting options in the wings, comes with a winch bracket to relocate a Comeup winch control box, integrated recover points, and a modular design that helps ensure perfect fitment.

Fits 08-12, 13-15, & 2016+

Pricing and availability TBD, we will update this thread in the next couple weeks.

View attachment 2787839

View attachment 2787840

View attachment 2787841

View attachment 2787843

View attachment 2787844

Great job on these, I like the look a lot. Could you possibly share a photo with the angle of the camera looking directly at the rig? what wheel/tire combo is that?

cheers

Cutting the factory bumper is the one piece of installing aftermarket bumpers on the LC200 that scares me as I've never been a fan of doing things that aren't (fairly easily) reversible. But this isn't a fault of your product as my understanding is that this step is needed for any of the aftermarket bumpers.
We do have a full replacement for this reason however there is no getting around cutting the inner fender liner.

Edit** disregard this -----> Do you mean the bumper plate behind the actual plastic bumper requires cutting? If so those who wish to switch from bull bars would need to find the plate again

Just read the above responses
For this bumper it is the factory plastic only and possibly a minor trim of one of the lower grill support brackets depending on the winch.

I like it a lot but where I live I need the coverage of a full wrap bumper. I plan to admire these on every one else's trucks.
We do offer a full bull bar version but only for the 16 plus unfortunately.

I really like it.
Is there a way to get it with black bolts/hardware? That has been the one thing that looks off to me about the Dissent bumpers.
Unfortunately we do not offer the black hardware. They are sometimes hard to source from our suppliers with lead time so if we offered it would just be another possible delay in shipping the bumpers. That being said we are happy to supply a hardware list and black bolts can typically be sourced from granger or McMaster car. They are a bit pricey but they do typically stock them.

Where does the Dissent logo come from?
Without getting political I can say it has nothing to do with politics or any current organization. The idea behind the brand is we disagree with all current offering, heavy, bulky ect. We set out to build a better product from the rest and to break the stereotype that armor has to be bulky and heavy.

Cutting the factory bumper is the one piece of installing aftermarket bumpers on the LC200 that scares me as I've never been a fan of doing things that aren't (fairly easily) reversible. But this isn't a fault of your product as my understanding is that this step is needed for any of the aftermarket bumpers.

It's like being an executioner. Your first job is always hard but you get used to it. My friend's wife and my wife took care of laying out the cut line and cutting with a jig saw. They also took care of the removal of the OE bumper with a few little pointers and tips. The neighbors kids where hanging out and I let them mark and cut out the air scoops on the inside with an oscillating tool. The 12 year old girl scribed and cut the wheel well to fit the bumper. It's Perfect. There is more wiggle room with the cutting than most folks realize. You don't have to be a master auto body person. It's forgiving. YouTube is better than the blurry black and white photos in the instruction manuals.

@kem That is a really slick looking design. Aggressive and sleek. How much does it weigh stock no winch? I have a full bull bar but for those concerned with weight it looks like a sturdy option that would absolutly increase approach angles.

It's like being an executioner. Your first job is always hard but you get used to it. My friend's wife and my wife took care of laying out the cut line and cutting with a jig saw. They also took care of the removal of the OE bumper with a few little pointers and tips. The neighbors kids where hanging out and I let them mark and cut out the air scoops on the inside with an oscillating tool. The 12 year old girl scribed and cut the wheel well to fit the bumper. It's Perfect. There is more wiggle room with the cutting than most folks realize. You don't have to be a master auto body person. It's forgiving. YouTube is better than the blurry black and white photos in the instruction manuals.

@kem That is a really slick looking design. Aggressive and sleek. How much does it weigh stock no winch? I have a full bull bar but for those concerned with weight it looks like a sturdy option that would absolutly increase approach angles.
Heh, well put. I'll say that I did my snorkel first, so after cutting that fender everything else has been easy ;)

Very interested, waiting for pricing and availability. Looks great!

Filip from Dissent Off-road here, I wanted to update you all on some exciting changes to our LC200 lineup. We really appreciate all the support we receive from mud so we wanted to announce it here first.

We have redesigned our low profile bumper that fits all years of the Land Cruiser 200 bringing it up to date with our Full Replacement 2016+ bumper and our LX 570 front.

The old low-profile bumper was the evolution of our 100 series bumper adapted for the 200. The 2016+ Full Replacement and LX 570 bumpers were designed with a clean slate for the 200 platform. So now we bring in our low-profile bumper to follow suit and to update it to our current design language. All three bumpers will utilize the same center section which will be available with or without the 30" light bar provision. It is very similar to the LX 570 front bumper but with different wings that match the profile of the Land Cruiser.

Everything else you love about our 200 bumpers stays the same. It's still largely made out of Aluminum (steel frame brackets), supports all our lighting options in the wings, comes with a winch bracket to relocate a Comeup winch control box, integrated recover points, and a modular design that helps ensure perfect fitment.

Fits 08-12, 13-15, & 2016+

Pricing and availability TBD, we will update this thread in the next couple weeks.

View attachment 2787839

View attachment 2787840

View attachment 2787841

View attachment 2787843

View attachment 2787844

Sorry for the "non-bumper related wheel/tire hijack", but what wheel brand and tire size is that? thanks

They look like Icon Rebounds in Titanium.

I cut my inner fender liner plastic with a utility knife with a fresh blade. It isn't hard to do.

@benc I have a question for you. I love this bumper in this photo. It's the 2016+ full replacement modular bumper. I specifically love the one with the bull bar. It's my dream bumper. Here is the kicker though, I have an LX 570 2013. I like-ish the one that works for the 2013, but not like I love this bumper.

Have you seen anyone try and fit the 2016 on to a 2013 or older? Have you attempted it, or is the connecting points just too different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom