New Keys - No Master? (Still confused...) (192 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahh I see that now. Very convenient. Well I guess my comment only applies to people like me, who seem to have come across some uncut/unprogrammed keys and want to make them work.
This is a little dated.... but my local ACE hardware can cut the key if you bring the blank.

At the time I tried my local ace and they couldn't. Maybe I'll pop in there and check it out again! Thanks!
I literally just got back from a couple of hours at ace as they were trying to program two keys I ordered through them. They could get the keys to work but not the fobs. $440 so I returned them. I only have a valet key and an aftermarket fob for one of the other keys which I assume was a master. However that key was bent requiring the use of the valet key. I'm about to just call the lock smith up the street at this point or does it need to go to lexus? I bought it used many years ago and its' possible there are four fobs already in memory.

Ace can cut the keys but you'll need to program the fobs. If you don't want to do it yourself then Yea let Lexus do it. But it may be expensive to have them programmed when it's fairly easy to do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom