New Keys - No Master? (Still confused...) (1,340 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is much easier with Techstream - it'll prompt you what to do every step of the way.

I am sure it is, but since I don't have that I am stuck with these methods. If you were in CO I would trade a :beer: for programming.

Wife tried the 1 key cycle vs 5 for programming the remote and got the new key working but the original key still will not take the programming. Similar to what the guy on ClubLexus experienced. Unfortunately multiple attempts an holding buttons longer than 1.5 seconds hasn't worked for us as it did for him.

On another note, I got a rather defensive and arrogant reply from 1010keys when I told them I found a solution to the chip programming problem on the "internet". I think I will poke them over the remote issue again and see what they say.

Just getting around to posting again. The old key remote was reprogrammed using a 2x key cycle which in turn deleted the new key remote program. New key remote was reprogrammed with 1x key cycle. Both are working now, What a trip...

I wanted to follow up and let others know that the information provided does work, and worked very well to get two new keys added onto my 2003 GX470. Before today I only had a single master key. Take your time and do each step, and it is VERY EASY to do.

Following along with the 4Runner video posted by BurtonCR on Jan 21, 2017 I was able to program two new transponders. Watch the video once to see the process, then perform the process while watching the video and following along as the steps are performed, and do each step exactly as it is done in the video. Very easy!

I was also able to program the two new remote fobs following the instructions posted by homerscanyonero on March 27, 2017. In order to make sure I didn't lose my old key programming, I just did the button presses on the new keys as described in steps 12 & 13, and followed up doing the same with my original master key. Just watch the trucks response (lock/unlock sequence) to make sure it CONFIRMS, and doesn't fail. I had one key fail and then did the button presses again and it successfully programmed.

You can add all remotes during one programming phase, just repeat the steps 12&13 for each remote before ending the programming.

I am sure it is, but since I don't have that I am stuck with these methods. If you were in CO I would trade a :beer: for programming.

Wife tried the 1 key cycle vs 5 for programming the remote and got the new key working but the original key still will not take the programming. Similar to what the guy on ClubLexus experienced. Unfortunately multiple attempts an holding buttons longer than 1.5 seconds hasn't worked for us as it did for him.

On another note, I got a rather defensive and arrogant reply from 1010keys when I told them I found a solution to the chip programming problem on the "internet". I think I will poke them over the remote issue again and see what they say.
lol yeah, that guy is a dick. I didn't have a great experience with their support either (the instructions they give you clear all your codes, and they don't tell you this ahead of time).

I'm approaching this useful thread from a variant perspective.
I have 2 masters or at least a master and fobbed second (I need to check if it shuts off the armed light (wife has it now)) and since accidentally locking the master in while camping a couple weeks ago, I got a transpondered/chipped (valwet) blank. Had it cut and it unlocks and fits in ignition (doesn't turn off armed light).
I want to program it to my 07 GX, I've read different steps for different Lexus models so I want to do it correctly for the GX.

So:
I have a master and want to program a valet WITHOUT ERASING THE MASTER(S). The newly cut valet opens doors and fits in ignition. I'd like to program it to start the GX (as a valet) and not wipe the extant keys.

What's the foot dance door locking magic combo? ;)

bump.
Does anyone have a foot-dance, lock-flipping procedure to code a valet key when one owns a master key?

Im wondering if some part of this is why my fob key wont activate door locks. I have to manually lock and unlock. No power to interior lights or door locks until key is in ignition. I just replaced the fob battery.

When I got my GX, I went to the local dealer to get a car fax run to see if the TB was done. The used car manager did this for me and gave me that name of a local guy he uses all the time for TB for half the price of the dealer cost. He also said he has a key guy come in once a week to make keys. I only have one master key, and a replacement valet key, fully programmed that will manually unlock doors and start the vehicle is $100. The guy will do it on the spot so you don't have to make an appt with the service dept. He does it on the side. The used car manager keeps his cost down for better margins on the resale price and goes outside his own dealer for service. Next time I'm looking for a vehicle, He will get first shot at my business.

Bump
This has been a very useful thread for me so far. I had a broken master key with fob when I bought my gx but ordered a new blank key and an additional key with fob. I was able to program the new key fob but when I tried adding the key in techstream it appears to have worked and the blinking security light goes out but there is a dtc error B2799 for the immobilizer under engine and etc ecu. I've tried clearing the code with no luck. No dash lights on... Any suggestions? Thanks!

Can someone talk to me like I'm stupid? I own a repair shop, just bought a 2005 GX470. I love the car, but it came with one crappy half broken key fob. I read a lot on here before posting. I emailed 1010 keys only to find out nothing and they definitely respond in a cryptic language barrier manner. I just want two of the OEM style 3 button key fobs to lock/unlock/start my car. They won't give me straight answer on what to buy. I told them I have Techstream etc. They responded with what I can only call jibberish. Can anyone help me out? Or should I just pay the 150 my cost for a new key fob from the dealer?

Can someone talk to me like I'm stupid? I own a repair shop, just bought a 2005 GX470. I love the car, but it came with one crappy half broken key fob. I read a lot on here before posting. I emailed 1010 keys only to find out nothing and they definitely respond in a cryptic language barrier manner. I just want two of the OEM style 3 button key fobs to lock/unlock/start my car. They won't give me straight answer on what to buy. I told them I have Techstream etc. They responded with what I can only call jibberish. Can anyone help me out? Or should I just pay the 150 my cost for a new key fob from the dealer?
If the transponders are good, swap them into fob shells amd get the blades cut.

I recently ordered a key, heres beta another listed from my other posts.

rover.ebay.com

2 New Replacement Key Case Shell Keyless Remote Fob Uncut Blade Lexus Gold Logo | eBay
Our new Lexus key now carries the Lexus logo in gold just like factory. There are no electronics included, simply place your existing electronics inside and have the blade cut. This is perfect for people who want to fix or renew a broken key.
rover.ebay.com
And this is the post itself:
forum.ih8mud.com

Builds - DRANGED's GX470 build/ownership thread
Prepping. . . .
forum.ih8mud.com
forum.ih8mud.com

Just order the keys from 1010 on Ebay. When they show up, program them with techstream. Done. You are making this harder than needed.

You can also get a replacement shell to fix the broken key from Ebay.

Just order the keys from 1010 on Ebay. When they show up, program them with techstream. Done. You are making this harder than needed.

You can also get a replacement shell to fix the broken key from Ebay.

Thanks man, not trying to. Which one of the 17 options do I order? That's my question.

Thanks man, not trying to. Which one of the 17 options do I order? That's my question.

This is the one i ordered for my 2004.
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 9.46.01 AM.png

This thread rocks! Ordered 2 new keys with transponders from 1010keys on eBay for $45. Followed the immobilizer and programming instructions and SHAZAM! 2 new fully functioning keys for $45 instead of $195/each at my local locksmith. Thank you all!

Ok I'm still a little confused after reading this thread. My wife has a 09 gx470. She lost the master and fob at some point and buddy of my father in law cut a key based on the Valet Card Key years ago. Well that key has not been working at times. It will not turn the door cylinder or the ignition cylinder.

Here's a picture of the current key
IMG_1531.jpg

Can I use these 1010 keys to replace?

Do they come with the remote lock/unlock?

If not do I have any other option other than paying the dealer?

^ Just take a photo of a good known key that works in all the locks and use 1010keys to cut it, I only had one key and thats what I did. No issues at all with my new keys aside from them being slightly tight in the ignition lock cylinder the first few times they were inserted until they "de-burred" themselves.

^ Just take a photo of a good known key that works in all the locks and use 1010keys to cut it, I only had one key and thats what I did. No issues at all with my new keys aside from them being slightly tight in the ignition lock cylinder the first few times they were inserted until they "de-burred" themselves.

Thanks! We’re you also able to get a programmable remote from them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom