New Head vs Rebuilt (and More)... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C'mon vet, search is still a friend. Get to work!

What a thread, thanks!

You can't buy a complete head. You have to build it from individual parts.
Can you say which division is responsible for marketing new short blocks and heads in the US?

Can you say which division is responsible for marketing new short blocks and heads in the US?
I'm not sure I understand your question.
If you mean how are they distributed, that would be through Toyota Motor Sales USA or one of the privately owned distributors. Southeast Toyota or Gulf States Toyota.

I'm not sure I understand your question.
If you mean how are they distributed, that would be through Toyota Motor Sales USA or one of the privately owned distributors. Southeast Toyota or Gulf States Toyota.
I mean who's in charge of marketing these items, tapping/creating demand in the North American market? Who is (or should be) actively trying to sell them? Put another way: if you were a journalist wanting to talk to the guys who market these items, well--who would you be looking for? What division / department do they work out of? And what's this about privately-owned distributors? What's the deal with these guys? I mean, you are The Man when it comes to the inside scoop on All Things Toyota...

I have no idea.

I mean who's in charge of marketing these items, tapping/creating demand in the North American market? Who is (or should be) actively trying to sell them? Put another way: if you were a journalist wanting to talk to the guys who market these items, well--who would you be looking for? What division / department do they work out of? And what's this about privately-owned distributors? What's the deal with these guys? I mean, you are The Man when it comes to the inside scoop on All Things Toyota...
Marketing? When was the last time you saw a commercial for a Toyota part? There isn't any marketing. It is a closed loop you have a Toyota you need parts you go cheap or you go Toyota, really no need for marketing parts, the marketing is for new cars the parts will come.

You are looking at this the wrong way.

Service parts support for Toyota is not governed by people; it’s governed by machines that create algorithms that look at historical information regarding the truck, the part, and long-term supplier agreements.

People only press the buttons; computers do everything else.

Information logic. That’s it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom