new guy to 80s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am in the process of selling my 40 and get something more practical like an 80 but i do not have that much knowledge over them. Is there a difference between the lockers some say there is a center locker is that the same as the diferentials being locked. Also what should i look for in one anything specific. Any info would be greatly appreciated
thanks Adam

Go to this site:
http://www.sleeoffroad.com/newbie/newbie100.htm

All land Cruisers have a Locking center differential. An option is to have a front and rear locker.

If you plan on ever wheeling or you drive in snow, I would recommend holding out for the front and rear locker.

Also, go to the FAQ at the top and look at the diff's for dummies link. That will explain a lot.

You might also want to consider an LX450, which is a Land Cruiser with a Lexus badge.

Ditto for what Romer said. You might also want to spend some time reviewing older threads in the archives. Much of what you have asked and will likely ask has been covered. If you have trouble finding the answer to a question, post it up and someone'll likely be able to point you in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom