New F & 2F carbs (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You just want a spring that doesn't pull so hard that it compresses the other accelerator spring down when it's slowly engaged.

Copy that. I'll cruise down to my local hardware shop with the carb in hand so I can test the options. They have a decent assortment of springs and misc hardware. Thank you for the direction!

I am looking for a '78 40 carb, do you have any ready for sale?

Now that I have removed my return fuel line off the carb for my trollhole on my 1978 FJ40. What have others done with the return fuel line that comes of the fuel tank and attaches to frame next to the supply fuel line? I believe the return line coming off the carb had connected to it. Do I just cap it? Noted below in the bottom left corner.

fuel-lines-gif.82265

@Trollhole in need of an F carb.

2F carb with the vacuum secondary is in the way of the MC, and I've now tried 3 different MCs - each one shorter than the previous. I just can't find a dual circuit one that is shorter than 5 5/8".

Have any?

Lets see a pic of your issue?

Last edited:
A later 80-87 intake manifold would probably make it work. Is that just the single diaphragm brake booster?
You know Marshall, I didn't even look at that. Probably given its an older, smaller unit.

I have no he F carb now, but I'm trying to find the proper studs to mount it.

Hey folks, need a little help here. I'm in a dimly lit barn trying to install this trollhole carb. I'm sure the answer is here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Do I need this part that I pulled out of my aisan carb or do I just mount the TH carb directly? This looks like the insulator plate but it was sandwiched in my aisan carb...not on the bottom. It's also not a rectangle . I'm thinking it shouldn't be included but then I'm not sure what to do with the fan connection...if that's what that is.

Obviously my mechanical knowledge is limited, but I'm trying:) thanks in advance for helping me out in a pinch

20181020_105410.jpg

Ok...I think the insulater plate is actually different and against the manifold. This piece doesn't belong in the new install is what I'm thinking.

Still not sure what to do with that air connection though

Update: I left that piece out and installed TH carb directly. I plugged the connection from the air fan. The TH carb electrical connection didnt mate up to the green connectors ( see picture) so I just pulled the plastic off of the carb connection so it would work. I connected some spare elec wire to the other green connector and ground it to the fj.

I connected the single vacuum port to the distributor and capped the others.

Not sure if it's all right but she fired up and ran well.

20181020_120929.jpg

The new carb that you sent me really makes the engine alive. Best investment for my '70 FJ40 yet. I do have a question. I have a problem with starting the FJ up after it sits awhile (a week or more). I have to put my hand over the carb to produce enough vacuum to get fuel up to the carb to start. I think I have the choke fully closed but I still have to put my hand over the throat to get it to start. After that the FJ starts fine. What Can I do? I currently have a after market air filter on it right now.

Thanks,
Buck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom