New dissent offroad no cut rear bumper! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone installed these with a body lift? Is it possible to order with body lift accounted for (having bumpers moved up relative to their mount points)?

How is everyone wiring the included LED reverse lights? Are you guys tapping into the factory reverse light wiring (by the factory jack wiring or by the reverse light wiring in the tailgate) for power or are you guys going the running power from the battery and going the relay route?

How is everyone wiring the included LED reverse lights? Are you guys tapping into the factory reverse light wiring (by the factory jack wiring or by the reverse light wiring in the tailgate) for power or are you guys going the running power from the battery and going the relay route?
I connected the two lights and ran a wire up to the drivers side tail light and tapped it there. So far no issues.

@benc What lug nuts did you use to mount Rock Warrior wheels on one of your builds? The ones provided with tire carrier are too big and the ones I bought at autozone fit but can’t put a socket on to tighten.

Has anyone installed these with a body lift? Is it possible to order with body lift accounted for (having bumpers moved up relative to their mount points)?
You’ll need to call @benc but from what I remember. There was a mud member who got a set front and back which accounted for a 1” body lift. Good Luck!

@benc What lug nuts did you use to mount Rock Warrior wheels on one of your builds? The ones provided with tire carrier are too big and the ones I bought at autozone fit but can’t put a socket on to tighten.
This worked.
5831BECB-AD47-4287-9AC6-3B2DF73BA675.jpeg

what is the largest tire people are fitting with this and the tray swing out accessory? I have mine already on order, but am ordering new tires this spring - and would hate to get something that doesn't jive back there.

i'm 4.88 geared and lifted, so hoping to go 34.5"

Just finished installing mine. The tips in this thread were extremely helpful. How much did everyone tighten the swing arm bearing? My swingarm with no gas strut closed slowly when I let it go. I probably turned mine 1/2 rotation clockwise, which dramatically slowed down the arm closing. Is that enough or should I load the bearing more? For reference, The strike pad barely touched grazed the stainless pad with no tire on the swingarm. Now with the tire, it climbs the stainless pad about 1-2mm.

Just finished installing mine. The tips in this thread were extremely helpful. How much did everyone tighten the swing arm bearing? My swingarm with no gas strut closed slowly when I let it go. I probably turned mine 1/2 rotation clockwise, which dramatically slowed down the arm closing. Is that enough or should I load the bearing more? For reference, The strike pad barely touched grazed the stainless pad with no tire on the swingarm. Now with the tire, it climbs the stainless pad about 1-2mm.
I removed my tire and gas strut and tightened the bearing until the swingarm had enough drag to not move when I let it go

Can anyone screenshot or give me the specs on the gas strut ? One of mine gave out and I need to buy a replacement and a spare. My other one is illegible.

Can anyone screenshot or give me the specs on the gas strut ? One of mine gave out and I need to buy a replacement and a spare. My other one is illegible.
Here's a link to the current 97lb strut we currently supply.

Amazon product ASIN B09WDTBCFM
We've also used 150 lb struts in the past

Yeah I have the 150's, those things are BEAST. Almost killed a kid. Think I'll downgrade. Thanks!

Ha they are nice to keep the arm open if on a trail at an angle but definitely have some pressure.

For the 97s just a heads up I think you'll need to move the ball stud on the swing arm to the further mounting position.

Ha they are nice to keep the arm open if on a trail at an angle but definitely have some pressure.

For the 97s just a heads up I think you'll need to move the ball stud on the swing arm to the further mounting position.

Can you also tell me where I buy replacement little "nubs" that these attach to? I managed to break one.. Thanks for the help again.

Can you also tell me where I buy replacement little "nubs" that these attach to? I managed to break one.. Thanks for the help again.
We source those ball studs from mcmaster carr and it is their part # 9512K73

You may be able to find them elsewhere with the same specs

Can anyone provide direction on where to run the rear back up lights to? Would love to hear what folks are doing. I have put off installing mine and really need to.

EDIT: Scrolled up and found my answer :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom