New CSC member #516 @RuthlessLX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
Please welcome John Carbo ( @RuthlessLX470 ) to the Copper State Cruisers club.

John has a 2000 LX470 with HID Retrofit, Stereo replaced with Android head unit, 270 Amp Alternator, Dobinson rear bumper, White Knuckle Off Road rock sliders, BFG KO2 285/75/16, BIOR skid plates (pending delivery), Kavik aluminum bumper (pending delivery)

Please tell us more about yourself and your truck and post some pictures

Welcome John

Untitled.jpg
20190321_163517.jpg

Thanks, everyone. Excited to be part of the community. I'll be at Cruise Moab in a few weeks. I purchased "Ruth" (River Rock Green Mica) in Tucson last year with 178k. Read through the forum and performed the baseline maintenance (heater T, AHC flush, fluid change, grease, etc.). A few weeks ago, I replaced the timing belt, water pump, pulleys, and alternator (National 270amp). Took me 6 days to do, but was a good experience.

I wanted a Land Cruiser/LX 470 since I was a teenager, but never thought I could afford one. Looked for 2 years before finding Ruth, and I can't believe how well built it is (no rattles, no rust, super quiet, great AC). I'm grateful to all members of this community for providing great information and how to's.

So far, I installed a HID retrofit using the bracket by a member here (Luke, I believe). Kavik aluminum front bumper should be done in a few weeks. Dobinson rear bumper. Removed the tow bracket (I've never towed anything in my life). BIOR skid plates (painted and hope to install this weekend). WKOR AHC sliders. Got the mud flap covers in the rear. Pumpkin Android 10.1 inch head unit.

I have some Trail Tailor recover points on the way, and rear control arm guards.

Super happy with the LX, and family is happy that I have a hobby!

Welcome aboard

:cheers:

enjoy Cruise Moab - it is a blast :cheers:

[I went every year between 2006 and 2012) - ever since then, I so wished I could have attended, but work got in the way :mad:

not sure yet if I can make it next year . . .
]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom