New ARB "BASE Rack" Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone received a reliable update regarding the fitment kit for the Base Rack? From what I can tell, ARB has removed all the LC200 disclaimer info from their website. That would seem to imply that the revised mounts are in stock. My latest email to tech hasn't been answered. Thx.

Has anyone received a reliable update regarding the fitment kit for the Base Rack? From what I can tell, ARB has removed all the LC200 disclaimer info from their website. That would seem to imply that the revised mounts are in stock. My latest email to tech hasn't been answered. Thx.
I got an email from ARB TECH last week. They have a revised design and hope to ship by the end of June. So I still have the spacers. It does have an effect on SXM reception as it currently is right over the shark fin. Not sure if they are changing the rear crossbar or not.

Mine is order and was told April 19 for the revisions a month ago. If it is june that his going to be very unfortunate and I may just make spacers. I will be calling first thing next week

Those guys at ARB are all over the place.... I just had one tell me August.

Ok in the ongoing rap with these schmucks the guys at main line overland just told me ARB straight lied to them and had no promise dates on a fix or racks in stock. I do not want to wait all summer for this what should I do, front runner or eezi awn?

Ok in the ongoing rap with these schmucks the guys at main line overland just told me ARB straight lied to them and had no promise dates on a fix or racks in stock. I do not want to wait all summer for this what should I do, front runner or eezi awn?

I loved my Front Runner rack on my 4Runner, but definitely did not have as smooth of an experience getting it installed on the LC. That said, I've never had issues with open boxes, missing hardware, or premature rusting that a lot of members on here have had. I still recommend them whole heartedly, especially if you have any interest in accessories/mounts for your rack

I would wonder about that. The ARB tech guys are straight up folks.

Call ARB tech arbusa.com support and ask them directly.

That back bone rack is nice.

Loving the rack on my 80 and the accessories are super easy and convenient to use. I’ll put one on my 200 as well when available.

BF2702E9-D08F-40D5-B96F-3BDF2BCF41CE.jpeg

Jacob in ARB Tech emailed me today. The wind fairing is also being redesigned to be about an inch longer. He expects June (end of) shipping on 200 redesigned fit kits.

Jacob in ARB Tech emailed me today. The wind fairing is also being redesigned to be about an inch longer. He expects June (end of) shipping on 200 redesigned fit kits.
Do you have an email for him I want to get to the straight of this? Can you hit me up with some contact info in a DM?

Loving the rack on my 80 and the accessories are super easy and convenient to use. I’ll put one on my 200 as well when available.

View attachment 2659541
Would you mind posting some more pics and feedback in the 80 series base rack thread?

So the fix is increasing the fit kit height by an inch? If so, what is the overall height of the rack mounted from roof line? Taller than prinsu but less than FR? I’ve been waiting on this but if it’ll come out to the same size as FR I might be better off with prinsu for garage access.

I'm in the market for a 200 series Base Rack, but I have an 08 with no shark fin. Anyone interested in selling their non-fin-compatible model? Shoot me a DM.

Have you considered Gamiviti? I had the ARB on order to replace my FR which I found to be too noisy. It also catches the wind due to its height. With the ARB fiasco, I replaced the FR with a Gamiviti. It barely sits above the shark fin and it’s much quieter than the FR.

8978C1EE-5436-41F0-82CF-EE5492E2D91F.jpeg

A0A00A88-D82D-4102-8AFF-30BC88BFBF5C.jpeg

4C45EA18-0906-4696-A756-AEC351F6FFD4.jpeg

After this debacle with ARB, and seeing their confusing and disjointed response to paying customers, I will never purchase another of their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom