New ARB "BASE Rack" Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BAY2MTN

SILVER Star
Threads
Always welcome competition. Looks promising due to the low profile and...it’s welded:

115804540_10158722613744571_3485119312324024822_o.jpg
115964871_10158722613614571_4425401857352168594_o.jpg

109543833_10158722613634571_4118619641077110346_o.jpg
109532149_10158722613929571_2006154947556149162_o.jpg
115931250_10158722613599571_4408982539868632758_o.jpg

Last edited:
Neat idea. I like the point about no dust collection on the dovetails. Welded aluminum construction also going to be light. I am fearful of having to go to ARB for a dovetail mount whenever I want to put something on my roof. Until there's a broad aftermarket of compatible fittings it seems pretty untenable.

Any word on pricing?

Any word on pricing?
Not that I have read. I’m going to guess it will be very competitive as they have a large dealer network and manufacturing in place. I’ll put off buying a Front Runner and see how this pans out. I like the lower profile a lot.

Price and how it attaches to roof will be a big factor for me.

Not that I have read. I’m going to guess it will be very competitive as they have a large dealer network and manufacturing in place. I’ll put off buying a Front Runner and see how this pans out. I like the lower profile a lot.

Price and how it attaches to roof will be a big factor for me.
Yeah. I just purchased a RhinoRack Pioneer Platform with Backbone system. I like it but the ARB looks like it may be even lower profile and more compatible. I don't think I'll be disappointed but the new ARB would have gotten strong consideration.

Always been a need for a TRULY low profile rack...

's
Backbone mounts? all I saw pointed to gutter, link? Thx

From the OP's link (Sizes and Guard Rail Systems) [additional emphasis mine]:

VEHICLE FIT KITS

Mounting kits are available for fitment to the 80 Series, and 60 Series Land Cruisers as well as all gutter mount vehicles (Classic Range Rover, Jeep Cherokee XJ, etc.). Blade rail mounting systems are available for the Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series, 5th Generation Toyota 4Runner, and Jeep Wrangler JL

This range will expand with more SUV applications, as well as a comprehensive range of cab racks for mid-sized pickup applications.

HTH

Thats super nice. Would consider ditching my ARB basket for that. Or cutting the top off my ARB basket and repowdering it.

Any idea when it will be available?

Wow I'm so glad to know that it will be a Blade Rail Mounting System. Phew...

Now I just need someone to tell me what the heck that means. Is that good, or bad?

Any idea when it will be available?

Just sent an email to Gary at Mudrak. Going to wait to hear his take, but on paper, it looks: a) low, b) strong, c) light (aluminum), d) easy to add/move attachments, e) ARB, they've got the supply chain advantage over some (most) of the competition.

Now I just need someone to tell me what the heck that means. Is that good, or bad?

It's better for hunting down replicants.

From the OP's link (Sizes and Guard Rail Systems) [additional emphasis mine]:

VEHICLE FIT KITS

Mounting kits are available for fitment to the 80 Series, and 60 Series Land Cruisers as well as all gutter mount vehicles (Classic Range Rover, Jeep Cherokee XJ, etc.). Blade rail mounting systems are available for the Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series, 5th Generation Toyota 4Runner, and Jeep Wrangler JL

This range will expand with more SUV applications, as well as a comprehensive range of cab racks for mid-sized pickup applications.

HTH
See what happens when I don't read the whole darn thing? :frown:

That means .. you can use the LC200 existing mount holes with the ARB mount kit. It replaces you current Toyota rack and uses those mounting holes.

Looks like pricing isn't too bad but I don't see it listed on any distributor website yet.

Last edited:
Updated original post with some promo pics. Note the clearance of the shark fin antennae on the 4Runner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom