New ARB "BASE Rack" Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will be very curious to see how tall the mount stands off of the roof...what the over-all height is.

Base Rack adds 50mm to the roof height of the vehicle, at its closest the rack is ~15mm from the roof.

Has anyone installed one of these racks? Really considering between this, Eezi awn, or trying to get a Dissent. Each have so many pros and cons I cant seem to make up my mind. I have eliminated all the other popular options and have my final three while I appreciate alternative suggestions they are unnecessary. Thoughts?
Can speak to Eezi Awn. Would highly recommend. Not sure I’d ever get any other rack than a K9

So that’s with the elusive mounting rails for the 200 in place? If so, that’s awesome.

Unlike FR and Rhino which use side rails bolted to the roof, the Base Rack uses feet which mount to the roof. Side rails then attach to the underside of the rack, and overlap the feet, attaching to the feet via bolts.

Attachments

• 3781942 17915010_30 BASE RACK LC200.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 375
Unlike FR and Rhino which use side rails bolted to the roof, the Base Rack uses feet which mount to the roof. Side rails then attach to the underside of the rack, and overlap the feet, attaching to the feet via bolts.

Thanks for the pdf. I meant the feet/rails. I like that you can add upper rails...or not. By the photo...it doesn’t seem to sit as low as I imagined.

Thanks for posting.

I really like the design of the air deflector shown in that .pdf 👍

I really like the design of the air deflector shown in that .pdf 👍
It's definitely novel. I assume they did extensive testing, as all other manufacturers offer deflectors that divert air over the top of the rack not underneath (although the standard Front Runner wind deflector does sit under the rack and diverts air to the sides). It's also notable that the deflector is notched to accommodate the brackets for front mounting their light bar

I’m not sure which mounts you were looking for, but I placed my order on Monday including eye bolt mounts, recovery track mounts, and t-slot adapter mounts. All were in stock at ARB in Washington (and should be on their way to me). However, the Base Rack itself is not currently in stock.
I believe he was referring to the mounts that connect the Base Rack to the roof. I'm not allowed anywhere (California ;)) so I'm waiting until they are in stock at his place. Maybe he was trying to get rid of me. :)

I believe he was referring to the mounts that connect the Base Rack to the roof. I'm not allowed anywhere (California ;)) so I'm waiting until they are in stock at his place. Maybe he was trying to get rid of me. :)

The mounts come with the rack...they’re not ordered as a separate item.

Well then I think he hates my money. hahahaha.
Thanks for the info.

They seem to be separate part numbers.
1606958882027.png

I’m taking delivery of a new 200 in a week and had planned on Icon or Kings, Trekboxx, and Rhino rack. But now the deeper I get into research, the more I end up on ARB. Again and again. My 200 is gonna look like an ARB poster if I’m not careful.

I’m taking delivery of a new 200 in a week and had planned on Icon or Kings, Trekboxx, and Rhino rack. But now the deeper I get into research, the more I end up on ARB. Again and again. My 200 is gonna look like an ARB poster if I’m not careful.
I don't know about the rack, but I don't think you could go wrong with Kings and Trekboxx. They're both top shelf.

You can order the rack, mount kit and deflector all separately. Got the rack from Quadratec, but they only had jeep mount kits. I was able to order the 200 one from Kar Kraft along with a deflector. Just fyi.

Step 3 of the their install instructions don't mention the procedure we've all come to know as mandatory for not losing the captive nut. This is going to really piss some people off.

You can order the rack, mount kit and deflector all separately. Got the rack from Quadratec, but they only had jeep mount kits. I was able to order the 200 one from Kar Kraft along with a deflector. Just fyi.
What do you think? Do you like it? Do you have pictures?

What do you think? Do you like it? Do you have pictures?
Hasn't arrived yet. Went with the 61x51 as it best suits my purposes. Will advise and post once I've installed it.

Interesting. . .the ARB Vehicle Application Guide only lists complete units.

Last edited:
Spoke to ARB USA last week they said they are waiting on the mounts for the racks and USA should have them some time next year. I then pressed a bit to which they replied closer to Easter than Xmas 😉. If you subscribe to their email list you will be notified at the same time as wholesalers
HTH
Just fyi, mounts have been in for a bit. I have mine from KarKraft (and deflector). Rack itself (61x51) now has a Feb 11 estimated ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom