New 60 carpet for sale! January 2, 2023 UPDATE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It actually fits very well and is insulated well. I did use some very thin double sided tape tub side and foil tape on the outside to get it formed well. Much quieter with the added insulation.

20181006_181905.jpg

Question—okay to add the extra jute (or something of similar thickness) on the wheel tubs too? Wondering if it would cause the carpet not to fit right.
It fit fine. I trimmed it as the metal curved up right before you get to the edge of the holes for the shifters and a few inches shy of the door jambs. Here is a pic.

FJ60Jute.JPG

I have a 1986 fj62 with 3 rows of seats, I know I need the 1984 carpet, what is. the current price?
  • The FJ62 wasn't produced until 1988.
  • An '86 FJ60 and an '84 FJ60 carpets are different, so I'd need to know the year model of your truck.
  • If you have a truck with 3 rows, I presume you must have the center-facing side rear seats that weren't offered in the US models.
  • I have to offer the disclaimer that thee carpet we offer was designed for US-spec trucks. I can't guarantee fitment in a non-US truck (although, I don't know that it WON'T fit - it'd just be up to you to take the risk of non-returnable carpet due to it not fitting.
  • The price for the full, 6-piece carpet set is $340 + shipping. Let me know your full shipping address, and I'll get you a total price.
Thanks,
David

The above link shows my 1986 FJ62 with round headlights, three rows of seats along with the 3F carbed and a H55F tranny. Is a non USA model. Its build is late 1985 and so far I have replaced parts using replacements for an 1984 FJ60, using Megazip.com and my vin #. Now can you please tell me the main differences between the two carpets, photos a measurements will really help. My shipping address is in NY 11581.

These are some nice looking carpets. Yeah those 1986 fj62 are kinda sweat. They are the only 60 series I would want to keep fairly stock.

I might have missed it. Did you mention that you just got your jute from a local upholstery shop? I'd try to find a local one if that's the case. What is the thickness? Is it pretty low profile so it doesn't bulge the carpet?

Cheers.

It fit fine. I trimmed it as the metal curved up right before you get to the edge of the holes for the shifters and a few inches shy of the door jambs. Here is a pic.

View attachment 1870424

Question—okay to add the extra jute (or something of similar thickness) on the wheel tubs too? Wondering if it would cause the carpet not to fit right.

You won't want to use jute on the wheel wells. You're correct that it will interfer with the carpet but beyond that, because the wheel wells transmit most of the tire noise and rock strikes, its worth spending the money on a dense, thin vinyl like Second Skin, Dynamat, or Cruiser Crap. Huge difference in road noise.

The above link shows my 1986 FJ62 with round headlights, three rows of seats along with the 3F carbed and a H55F tranny. Is a non USA model. Its build is late 1985 and so far I have replaced parts using replacements for an 1984 FJ60, using Megazip.com and my vin #. Now can you please tell me the main differences between the two carpets, photos a measurements will really help. My shipping address is in NY 11581.
The main differences between the two are (a) the front seat mounts, and (b) the location of the jack/tools. On the early floor trucks, 1981-1985, the seat mounts are much taller, so the seat tracks sit against the floor (see first two photos below) On the late floor trucks, 1986-1987 FJ60 and 1988-1990 FJ62, the seat mounts are lower, so the seat tracks have "legs" on them (see last two photos below). As for the tools, the early floor models have the tools located under the driver's seat. On the late floor trucks, the tools are behind a "door" in the driver's side cargo area panel, and since this door isn't flush with the panel, the cargo area carpet in a late floor truck has a notch in it to accomodate this door.
You won't want to use jute on the wheel wells. You're correct that it will interfer with the carpet but beyond that, because the wheel wells transmit most of the tire noise and rock strikes, its worth spending the money on a dense, thin vinyl like Second Skin, Dynamat, or Cruiser Crap. Huge difference in road noise.
Agreed. The fit between the carpet and the side panels is too tight to use anything more than a thin sound deadener. If something too thick is used below the wheel well carpet, the cargo panels won't go back on. Another benefit of material like DynaMat, FatMat, Noico, etc. is that, since the wheel wells themselves have "ribs" or indentations for strengthening, these sound deadeners will bridge the low areas and provide a good substrate for adhering the wheel well carpet (no other pieces of the carpet kit should require adhesive - only the wheel well pieces). If you don't use anything to bridge these indentations, the carpet can end up having a wavy appearance. (NOTE: I have had a couple of people say they just put the wheel well carpet over the existing vinyl wheel well covers. I see no reason this wouldn't work, as the vinyl ones are quite thin; however, I have not had experience with this myself.)

I will be getting pictures of the seat base in order to determine which carpet year I need. The LC is in South America at the moment.

Great before and after shots here! As someone who is about to start this project on my own 62, I noticed you don't have the shifters removed AND you have the dash apart. A: Can you do this install without removing the shifters? B: The dash removal isn't necessary to do the install is it? Also, any other tips would be great. Thanks.

@ThunderC , I had the dash apart to install LED bulbs and a new stereo.

I didn't do the install myself because I was blessed to get a great deal on the install locally. I'm sorry that I can't give you any pointers from personal experience. The installer said the transfer case cut was the trickiest. I believe they removed the shifter cover/boot but not the shifters themselves and I don't think they did anything to the dash but I can't be certain.

Doesn't anyone know if there is a website to order this carpet ?
For the @dnp carpet just message him directly I believe is the preferred way to start the ordering process

If you’ve got an ‘86 62, that’s the earliest one I’ve ever heard of!:D Irrespective of the model, you do have the late model floor. Just let me know if you want ordering info.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom