New 60 carpet for sale! January 2, 2023 UPDATE (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Needing tailgate carpet piece only, in gray. Anyone who's ordering and wants to sell me this piece, please DM me.

Hi Guys,
I have a november 1985 model FJ62 auto in Australia. Still a round headlight model and the first of the crossovers to the 62 series. I would be keen to know if this carpet package would be worth shipping to AUS?

Excuse me if this has been discussed before but is there much difference between this kit and these online ones I found? Better quality? These are $273 and $294 (looks like these two are the same kit, just different suppliers).

Obviously I'd prefer to support the little guy doing these custom.

I am in need of just the front section in brown anyone want to split a kit up? PM me

cp

Excuse me if this has been discussed before but is there much difference between this kit and these online ones I found? Better quality? These are $273 and $294 (looks like these two are the same kit, just different suppliers).

Obviously I'd prefer to support the little guy doing these custom.

Did you ever order either of these kits? It does appear that they're all the same as the kit DNP sells. I have PM'd him but not heard anything back yet. Thanks for any help!

Not yet I'm dealing with the rust before I get the new carpet.

Did you ever order either of these kits? It does appear that they're all the same as the kit DNP sells. I have PM'd him but not heard anything back yet. Thanks for any help!
Sorry, been in Hot Springs, AR at the Southern Cruiser Crawl this past week (for any who've never been - AWESOME! One of the best events you'll ever attend!)

Anyway, I'm back now, and all PM's answered. Thanks for your patience.

David

I’m interested in a late model grey kit (‘86). Can you confirm that the loop pattern runs side to side and parallel with the dash or does it run front to back, perpendicular to the dash? I noticed many of the pictures 62’s run perpendicular. Shipping to 89503.

Sorry, been in Hot Springs, AR at the Southern Cruiser Crawl this past week (for any who've never been - AWESOME! One of the best events you'll ever attend!)

Anyway, I'm back now, and all PM's answered. Thanks for your patience.

David
BLACK FRIDAY group buy...

Just wanted to post an update on the carpet kit and my experience with it. DNP was very helpful with ordering and tips for install. It went pretty smooth. Rear was easy. Refinished my rear seat edges while it was out. The middle section was a bit harder but the front was by far the hardest. The soldering iron was essential. I had a lot of trouble with the shift boot covers, as things are tighter with the new carpet and padding. I wanted the carpet to be screwed down and not just slipped over the boots. Finally i got the bolts to line up by running a few bolts from underneath and using them as a temporary guide then doing one at a time from the top. Anyway, here's some pics. The quality is high. The fit is great. padding attached is very nice feature. Heelpad feels solid. Overall I'm glad i went with this product. message me if you have any questions on my install.

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

int4.jpg

int5.jpg

And here's a pic of the rear carpet I forgot to add. Also one of the exterior now that I got the body back on the frame. I need to post some pics of my dolly so it might help someone. Took a while to measure but was easy to build. Saved me the cost of buying a body dolly.

rear carpet.jpg

exterior.jpg

And here's a pic of the rear carpet I forgot to add. Also one of the exterior now that I got the body back on the frame. I need to post some pics of my dolly so it might help someone. Took a while to measure but was easy to build. Saved me the cost of buying a body dolly.

View attachment 2305870

View attachment 2305871
Looks great....just like mine when I finished. I would say the hardest part was getting that darn ring around the shifter lined up and screwed over the carpet. If I ever have to take mine apart or if I was going to do it again I would take one of those screws out and go source one that was about an inch or so longer. Would of made that last part sooo much easier.

Looks great....just like mine when I finished. I would say the hardest part was getting that darn ring around the shifter lined up and screwed over the carpet. If I ever have to take mine apart or if I was going to do it again I would take one of those screws out and go source one that was about an inch or so longer. Would of made that last part sooo much easier.
From the factory, the metal ring would have been below the carpet; however, several people have told me they prefer it being on top of the carpet. For those who like the ring on top, I had a guy relay an installation tip to me: he said he found it easier to run a longer bolt in from the bottom, so that the interior ends would act like studs. Then, he cut them to the length he liked and then used some sort of finishing nut to secure it.......I thought that was pretty clever!

How do you know the right color. I have an 84 with the brown/tan interior. Is my carpet Saddle or Dark Saddle? It is dirty so it is hard to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom