New 51 yo kid in class (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been trolling the forums here for years mostly for Sequoia and Tundra tips but I landed my first FJ60 last week. 86' with 154K, 5 speed that made its way to south shore of Boston via Fairbanks then to WA to OR to CA to MA. It's been a 20 yr search more or less since getting the FJ itch. I brought my Dad into the itch and the plan was to get a project together. He unexpected passed in Nov 22 but managed to deliver the 60 to a lawn in my town who my wife happens to know and the truck was owned by her father and was a reluctant seller. Good stuff. Looking to learn a lot here.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 9.02.59 AM.png

Congrats on the purchase, it sure does look clean!

I grew up in Norwell and Scituate. I've since moved to California, but my fj60 purchase was inspired by the fj62 my parents drove me around the south shore in as a kid. They sold it when the floor rusted out so bad that exhaust was coming into the cab.

@199thJ60 , welcome aboard this crazy train :flipoff2: . if you've skulked around in here enough, you'll know that's the official welcome. that's a good lookin' beast.
my condolences on your dad, i lost mine in january so i feel your pain.

@199thJ60 , welcome aboard this crazy train :flipoff2: . if you've skulked around in here enough, you'll know that's the official welcome. that's a good lookin' beast.
my condolences on your dad, i lost mine in january so i feel your pain.
@kirvesmies would expect no other welcome so thx for that. Appreciate the kind words and same to you. We wrenched on old VWs when I was young leading to my buying a pea green 76 bus camper, ripped into the driveway and my mom started crying, lol.

Congrats on the purchase, it sure does look clean!

I grew up in Norwell and Scituate. I've since moved to California, but my fj60 purchase was inspired by the fj62 my parents drove me around the south shore in as a kid. They sold it when the floor rusted out so bad that exhaust was coming into the cab.
@60series777 small world. Give a shout if you ever get back to Scituate. My dad used to drive us kids around in an old bug with holes in the floorpans so can relate. Good times.

Looks like a solid truck. but we're gonna need more pics. Welcome!
@diesellibrarian thx. Pretty happy overall but I’m sure some gremlins lie beneath. Will share more for sure. Can’t wait to get it driving but need former owner to fill out title correction form notarized because he checked box stating odo was broken and don’t want that to follow my title. PITA Mass RMV.

Congrats, and looks like you found a good one!

@kirvesmies would expect no other welcome so thx for that. Appreciate the kind words and same to you. We wrenched on old VWs when I was young leading to my buying a pea green 76 bus camper, ripped into the driveway and my mom started crying, lol.
i'll bet you were high school age @199thJ60 when you bought that bus n your mom fore saw nefarious dastardly deeds being done with-in :hmm: i started my vehicular vagrancy with a '64 vw, but dad never wrenched with us. my brother n i .:meh: he did advise if we asked
don't be afraid to questions in here (after searching:flipoff2:), it's a good bunch of heathens

i'll bet you were high school age @199thJ60 when you bought that bus n your mom fore saw nefarious dastardly deeds being done with-in :hmm: i started my vehicular vagrancy with a '64 vw, but dad never wrenched with us. my brother n i .:meh: he did advise if we asked
don't be afraid to questions in here (after searching:flipoff2:), it's a good bunch of heathens
@kirvesmies yup. 19 yo. guy wanted 2500 only had 2350. Paid the man and blew smoke the whole way home. Drove it to from Michigan to Nova Scotia a week later with 4 buddies and a yellow canoe strapped on top. Burned oil, police pull over for “wellness check” and gas pedal snapped off at the base going down a hill leading into downtown St John’s. Duct tape got us home.

Nice truck and a great start to the 60-series world. Get it indoors quickly before it rusts away ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom