New 2020 Heritage owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New LC200 Heritage owner here. Not the greatest dealings with the Toyota dealer but its finally here. Things planned for the LC:

1. Add running boards, this thing is not going off road and it will be a mall crawler for the wife. I'm thinking about just going with the OEM running boards, is there a Toyota dealer in this group that is a go to guy???
2. Add new tires, thinking of the KO2s with white lettering.
3. Ceramic coat body and wheels
4. Window ting
5. Undercoating, VA road treatments are harsh

There was a thread about the stock running boards and someone posted up a PDF on the parts needed:

Is that all I need for the running boards?

Thanks,

Aaron

20220916_075034.jpg

looks like you got a nice one! I’d skip the tires if you are not off-roading much. They’ll just reduce your mileage.

Also if you get a free set of OEM running boards, by all means put them on if you need them to assist folks getting in and out. Otherwise it’s just something else to keep clean and capture salt spray where you want it least.

Fluidfilm or Woolwax is a good idea in areas were roads are salt treated.

Welcome to Mud! Put a want ad in the forum classifieds for the running boards. So many members take those off for aftermarket, you may be able to get a set of like-new ones for a good price, especially if local and no shipping.

Great looking truck!

Throw some wheel spacers on first, it makes a world of difference in stance even with OE tires.

Don’t bother with OE running boards, it looks great without. Just put true sliders on when the time comes with need.

I highly recommend putting ceramic tint on all windows. I even put clear ceramic on my windshield and sunroof and it keeps my black HE tolerable in the Texas heat.

Alternately, running boards (or sliders) keep rocks off the rocker panels and lower doors. So if you want them, go for it. Especially since they can often be had for cheap or free.

Alternately, running boards (or sliders) keep rocks off the rocker panels and lower doors. So if you want them, go for it. Especially since they can often be had for cheap or free.
They also protect the pinch welds which are precariously exposed to road dirt/debris/rocks/salt etc without them.

They also protect the pinch welds which are precariously exposed to road dirt/debris/rocks/salt etc without them.
Great point.

Does your wife know about the trade offs of KO2s? If it’s a mall crawler I’d avoid those and get a road biased tires with a nicer looking design like a Michelin LTX. The KO2s look awesome and I got it out of my system but wouldn’t do them again unless I know for sure I’m going off road and even then I’d have them as an extra set to complement the street set.

‘congrats on your truck!

1) If this is going to be a mall crawler go with the michelin LTX. Great all round and QUIET 2) Running boards are an easy install if this will be your wife’s truck. Significant step up when getting in for shorter people. Running boards will help.
3) Ditch the Yakima rack. Not going to help improve poor gas mileage around town. Could also be a clearance issue when parking in public garages.

Congrats on the new ride. May I ask what you paid?

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I bought it for $98500 OTD, one owner with 19950 miles. I know I overpaid but I've been wanting the LC for a while so I'm happy.

I've posted a wanted ad in the classified section for the OEM running boards, if there's not hits then I might go the Budbuilt sliders.

The current tires are fine just wanted to get a more aggressive tire for aesthetics and something to handle snow. I'm glad to be finally part of the group.

KO2’s don’t have a great reputation for on-road snow. They are LT rated and therefore require significantly higher air pressure. LT rated tires will ride rougher due to the higher air pressure, in addition to worse mileage. If you’re using the truck for hard core off-road, by all means get an LT rated off road tire, KO2 or something else. But doing so for a mall crawler is stupid.

As mentioned the Michelin LTX Defender is a great tire for the truck, and will be better on road snow than KO2’s.

If you want an off road look there are P rated mild AT tires that won’t trash mileage or ride, such as Continental TerrainContact, General Grabber APT, Michelin AT2. Lots of tire threads on MUD, you can spend lots of time with the search engine here.

Congratulations on the truck, it looks great.

KO2’s don’t have a great reputation for on-road snow. They are LT rated and therefore require significantly higher air pressure. LT rated tires will ride rougher due to the higher air pressure, in addition to worse mileage. If you’re using the truck for hard core off-road, by all means get an LT rated off road tire, KO2 or something else. But doing so for a mall crawler is stupid.

As mentioned the Michelin LTX Defender is a great tire for the truck, and will be better on road snow than KO2’s.

If you want an off road look there are P rated mild AT tires that won’t trash mileage or ride, such as Continental TerrainContact, General Grabber APT, Michelin AT2. Lots of tire threads on MUD, you can spend lots of time with the search engine here.

Congratulations on the truck, it looks great.
Get much snow in your part of Florida?

I have run KO2s for the last 6 winters in Chicago and Alaska. They’re performance in the snow never let me down or feel insecure….folks need to adjust their driving style which it seems some folks cannot.

Michelin Defenders are probably the best bet for you. If you wanted something of a mix between highway and AT, I'd check out the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. Good in the rain, snow, and any of the wet and muddy gravel roads in Northern Virginia I've had to drive down.

I have run KO2s for the last 6 winters in Chicago and Alaska. They’re performance in the snow never let me down or feel insecure….folks need to adjust their driving style which it seems some folks cannot.
Just basing that opinion on lots of reviews I’ve seen and read, and the consensus on MUD. Not disagreeing with your personal experience. I doubt KO2’s are the best choice for someone who doesn’t go off road, regardless.

I seem to remember their snow performance being quite good, the issue compared to other tires was on ice.

Last edited:
When KO2s are new they’re very good in the snow. After even 10k street miles in my experience they degrade to all season level.

Just basing that opinion on lots of reviews I’ve seen and read, and the consensus on MUD. Not disagreeing with your personal experience. I doubt KO2’s are the best choice for someone who doesn’t go off road, regardless.
For the KO2 from Tire Rack:
  • Survey Stats
  • 22,315,509 Total Miles Reported
  • 6 out of 32 in On-/Off-Road All-Terrain Tires
  • 96% vs. best in On-/Off-Road All-Terrain Tires
Would You Recommend?
8.2 - Good
+

Off-Road
9.0 - Excellent
+

Wet
8.7 - Excellent
+

Dry
9.1 - Excellent
+

Winter / Snow
8.7 - Excellent
+

Comfort
8.4 - Good
Treadwear
8.4 - Good
Note: Consumer Survey Ratings are from 0-10 with 10 being the highest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom