New 1.5" wheel spacers installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's because they're not designed for the weight of the 80.

Not sure where you got that info. The only reason they don't list it is because the 80 uses hubcentric wheels / hub and it is not possible to make a hub centric spacer for the 80 full floater setup. Well, one could for the front but not the rear.

It does not have to do with the weight of the vehicle.

This is hearsay, but a friend of mine had a conversation with the mfg, and that's what he was told.

But I also understand the issue regarding hubcentric... lugnuts can only do so much....

Not sure where you got that info. The only reason they don't list it is because the 80 uses hubcentric wheels / hub and it is not possible to make a hub centric spacer for the 80 full floater setup. Well, one could for the front but not the rear.

It does not have to do with the weight of the vehicle.

I don't know what "hub centric" means but this is copied right of the website....

Toyota 1.25" Thick Wheel Spacers

These 1.25" thick, 6 on 5.5" 6061T6 aluminum spacers are an easy way of spacing out front and rear late model Toyota axles that run hub centric wheels (wheels use shank style lug nuts). Each kit comes with 2 wheel spacers, 12 metric M12x1.5 wheel studs (pre-installed), 12 M12x1.5 lugnuts, and Loctite. The wheel spacers are anodized in dark blue, which is a double anodizing process for twice the corrosion resistance. In addition, each wheel spacer is both wheel & hub centric for a perfect OEM fit. Proudly manufactured in the United States of America.

Notice the term "hub centric" used several times....so I don't think that is the reason...

Some quick comments from my install. Did not use loc-tite, but pulled them off twice now to re-torque and there was no loosening. I plan to re-torque everytime i rotate my tires. I saw minor improvement in stability with the wider track. On my LC, I removed the steps and do not have the mudflaps on yet for the front. That being said, the entire side is always covered with salt, mud, and dirt from being further out than the flare. I am running 285/75 DT's fwiw. I only considered using spidertrax figuring this is an item not to skimp on quality.

I don't know what "hub centric" means but this is copied right of the website....

--SNIP--

Notice the term "hub centric" used several times....so I don't think that is the reason...

They do make hub centric for other Toyota applications. The problem is those do not fit the 80 series due to the full floater hubs that stick out and interfere with the hub centric lip on the spacer as made for the other Toyota's vehicles.

We sell Spidertrax spacers, so pretty familiar with them on these and other spacers we are working with them on.

But I also understand the issue regarding hubcentric...

Hubcentirc has nothing to do with holding the wheel on, as in zero. They are purely for centering the wheel when installing.

When using spacers with hubcentric wheels: Simply carry 3 acorn/taper lug nuts, slide the wheel on, install the taper nuts on every other stud and snug them, install washer nuts on the other studs and properly torque, remove the taper nuts and replace with washer type. Works great, has been many times, thousands of trail miles, on FF '80 rigs, with big tires, zero shakes or failures.

lugnuts can only do so much....

Yep, like hold the wheel on, as they are designed to do.

I would never use loc-tite on any wheel lug, makes retorqure check worthless, cant detect issues. If properly installed, clean, flat mating surfaces, properly torqued, there is zero need for loc-tite.

Hey guys,

Just an update, so far done approx 3000kms without any issues, that being said I have not been offroad (Other than hard packed sand, where no low range needed and still 40psi pressures lol).

One question I will ask tho is towing. At times I tow my car to the race track, I have not yet since installing spacers. Would it still be ok to have an extra 2000kg on the back??? (Didnt really think about this when getting spacers)

One question I will ask tho is towing. At times I tow my car to the race track, I have not yet since installing spacers. Would it still be ok to have an extra 2000kg on the back??? (Didnt really think about this when getting spacers)

I wouldn't tow anything with spacers. Just added weight on the hub. I have seen others do it with no problems, but it was a two jetski trailer. A boat or loaded camper would stress me out.

That being said, I have 1 1/2 inch spacers (spidertrax) on my rig and I have had no problems. Love the look and feel.

Just do proper maintenance, torque them every 3-5k at first, should be fine.

Haha! Hybrid huh? Have you had to replace the battery yet?

Stance looks good

I thought about putting one of those emblems on my rig just so I could park in the "Hybrid/electric" car stalls at the library without too much worry...but I still park there without one now out of principle...

Sorry to hijack this thread but I bought 1,5inch spacers for my HDJ80 and the rear fits fine but then the front not so fine..... at least it doent look safe to me? How can that be....its a 93 without lockers.

omg, I love the Hybrid badge. You probably get some idiots who think its actually a Hybrid too.

I have seen some youtube movies where people install spacers wich stick further out then the hub, even further then my pic above. So basically the weight is being carried bij the 6 bolts alone per wheel.... is that ok?

I put mine on today! The wheels is 16 x 8 -13 with a 285/75/15, with the spacer it makes it a 16 x 8 -52!
20130202_150816_zps81729b3e.jpg

Hi men... These wheel spacer is 1.5" or 2"? Tks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom