For Sale Netherlands, 1986 Troopy with 44694 original km's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Not mine, no affiliation, just an interesting truck. They don't show up often with such low mileage. This one's got a 3B n/a diesel + 5-speed. The ad is here:

Some photos for posterity:

9.jpg
3.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg
6.jpg

If anyone's seriously interested, PM me. I know a guy in Belgium who'll go check it out for you and can arrange to get it on a ship to the USA.

Crazy low mileage, but a lot of wear. Seats are worn and the truck looks like it was worked before paint. Interesting truck, but I'd want to see a lot more pictures before paying $30k for it...

Great find @gilmorneau !

from the description translation:

this Land Cruiser Heavy Duty was delivered new in the Netherlands in 1986 and has always belonged to the same owner, a government water company (Dunea).

from the description translation:

this Land Cruiser Heavy Duty was delivered new in the Netherlands in 1986 and has always belonged to the same owner, a government water company (Dunea).
Ahh. That would explain the number on the dash. I figured it had to be either government or commercial

Beautiful truck.

And to think whatever engine gets swapped into this will most likely have more miles than the current 3B.
(unless someone can put up with that NA 4cyl :D )

Not really much likely to be wrong with the mechanical stuff on this truck given the low mileage. If it’s got a problem, it’s going to be rust in the body. Rockers, floors, fenders, gutters, around the windows, etc. That’s what any potential buyer needs to look for before purchase.

If a guy didn’t have the patience to put up with the 3B, I’m sure it would be an easy thing to sell.

So that “Kermit The Frog“ green is a factory color?

I don't think so. Closest I've seen that's original is this:

old hzj green euro color.jpg

...and that's a later model color (maybe late '90's). The green that was original on Troopies circa mid to late 80's is 6H9, which is a great color for a troopy. For European trucks, I've only seen it on ex Forest Service trucks from Scandinavia.
6H9 is the color ASPW chose for his "first" Troopy build:

BOTS7320-1500x893.jpg

For the record, the other original colors for Troopies mid to late 1980's were:

045 white (about 95%+ of them, including the truck in the original post)
4E9 beige (another great color)
3F4 red (as you might expect, lots of ex Fire brigade cars)
8B2 blue (only seen one or two with this)

I was going to come on here to post about this truck but @gilmorneau beat me to it 😃
Rust would definitely be a concern but for such low mileage that’s a fairly low list price - I’ve seen much more outlandish requests.

VIN tag says original color was Toyota 033 white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom