Wanted NEED wiper arm 'thingies' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sheck44

GOLD Star
Threads
Morning all
So I need a pair or these plastic arm pivots (what are these called ??) ... mine are cracked in half
Or ill take someones entire assembly for my 73' !!

Thanks
Steve

IMG_8386 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Sheck, this might be a good time for upgrading either to the new pig arms or something more modern. If you look at the end where the wiper arm slips on, that pot metal piece strips out and you lose the wiper arm. The newer one have a different system to hold on the wiper arms, just something to do while you have the dash all out. For a wagon such as yours, I would hate to have the wipers fall off at the worst time (when you need them) and the new owner calling you.

I made some new pieces out of alum. and JB Welded them to the plastic piece, which worked for that, but never had a good fix for the stripped out crap gear on the end. That's why Pigeaten (thanks Don!) fixed me up with the new style, which I haven't gotten to tearing apart my dash yet to replace. I believe you'll need to replace the arms as well when doing the switch. I believe the motor should mate up, not sure yet.

IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

What are you guys using for the Rubber cap that covers the rod on the outside under the arm ????
I need two . Hijack ???

It’s cheaper to just replace the cowl! If it lines up with all the holes on early truck. But you can see the two different wiper areas on those two cowls above.

Glad to assist if there's a need to reproduce these pieces. As before I just need an old one to reverse engineer!

Calvin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom