Need to make separators for a kitchen drawer. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey folks,

I'm looking for an elegant way to keep all of the content of this drawer and the one above it in an organized fashion and noise free.

I would also like to line the drawer side and the bottom with some kind of a foam material that is not as thick as what I'm using in the pic. The thick foam is preventing the beer bottles from standing upright 😁. This is simply what I had in the garage that I cut up before I went on a trip.

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to move the separators as my needs change. Please let me know what kind of a clever solution you guys are using.
20210604_165316.jpg

DIY Trekpak?:

I did it in my drifta kitchen but skipped the foam backing, just corroplast and bobby pins. So far so good.
50092230857_6bb173eafa_c.jpg

wow, that's awesome. I think I saw this on Expo some time back so I'm glad you piped up here.

wow, that's awesome. I think I saw this on Expo some time back so I'm glad you piped up here.
Actually, I like both these ideas. I've been using these thick cardboard dividers used to ship gallon jugs of toluene I got from the lab I worked at. And the price was right. They're just about done though.

Actually, I like both these ideas. I've been using these thick cardboard dividers used to ship gallon jugs of toluene I got from the lab I worked at. And the price was right. They're just about done though.
I thought I was OCD. I stand corrected

:lol:

here’s my kitchen box. It works. I can toss it into whatever car we go camping with. A Subaru. A Honda Civic. Oh, maybe even a Land Cruiser. Whatever. It’s always ready to go.

This isn’t hard, folks.

ADF84750-71E4-465E-A089-EC5C9DB5CEED.jpeg

Last edited:
@bj70_guy

Two questions, if I may:
- did you do the bobbi pin thing on top AND on the bottom of the dividers?
- tell me about the burr grinder please :)

@bj70_guy

Two questions, if I may:
- did you do the bobbi pin thing on top AND on the bottom of the dividers?
- tell me about the burr grinder please :)

I only pinned the tops, though I guess doing the bottoms would have been a good idea. Honestly never thought of it.

The grinder is a Bodum Bistro:
Amazon product ASIN B07FMDRHQ4
In my HDJ81 I had the pricier Bodum with a timer and glass grounds catcher. It worked great but of course the glass got broken on the first or second trip. I prefer the cheaper, timerless one with the tight fitting plastic grounds catcher for living in the trucks. I believe it's the same grinder otherwise.

Both trucks have solar and inverters... and the only reason I have inverters is to run the grinders :grinpimp:

mmm, I beg to differ, I would venture to say that the main reason to have inverters is for the espresso machine! :)

mmm, I beg to differ, I would venture to say that the main reason to have inverters is for the espresso machine! :)

Your inverter must be WAY better than mine 👍

And the occasional blender.

ah, yes, the blender. that is of course why we also need a fridge/freezer for the margarita ice. Kinda of keep adding up, doesn't it? Need bigger drawers (tech content)!

I just did a version of this for our camp box, updating my worn out cardboard camp box divider disaster. Really good advice.

B8B22F98-2A0F-4276-9BA5-95E36E9D71E9.jpeg

4C94446E-5D27-41EF-9C90-36DC83F805B0.jpeg

5924C37A-45A5-424D-921E-6EE877CB25D6.jpeg

Pro tip:

You don’t have to buy that corrugated plastic stuff, just steal and repurpose a few long-expired yard signs.

I'm still not done but I gotta tell ya, my OCD couldn't be happier !! My teenage daughter sewed me up this utensil holder which made life much simpler.

20210622_131938.jpg

20210622_131929.jpg

20210622_131923.jpg

Last edited:
The biggest improvement is organization and noise abatement with the foam and dividers. Speaker carpet is easy to work with using the glue it came with.

I still have to install hinges for the lids to the open spaces. The right space holds the ladder and a small footprint where we leave the shoes before walking up barefoot.

20210617_084106.jpg

20210617_084112.jpg

20210617_083930.jpg

20210617_083911.jpg

Last edited:
On my third trip to Michael's, I bought all of their black corrugated boards 😁.

The madness continues, now I'm hitting the Alpicool fridge basket that has holes too large and items fall through while you carry the loaded basket to the fridge from the house.

20210703_083151.jpg

I don't know guys, I built a camping box this Winter with dividers all dadoed in every few inches thinking she'll be happy. As soon as she started packing for a trip she started pulling all the dividers. I've got a stack of dividers on the bench and she packed it tight without them. I guess you get more in there without them. :meh:

IMG_4152.JPG

IMG_4151.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom