Need some exhaust flange help.....

alex e

SILVER Star
Website
www.octagonmma.com
RTC and I are closing in on finsihing my rig, and I am using ramshorns centerdumps on my V8 conversion. I bought the typical 70s vette ramshorns manifolds. They are 2". I can't find 2" turndowns to attach to them anywhere, but I'm new to exhaust building. Does anyone know where to get turndowns/flanges to fit these? It would be nice to install an exhaust on my rig, I believe.

THANKS!

Visit site
We are about at the same stage. I'm about to take my 40 w/ a 350 conversion to the muffler shop to get my exhaust installed. I have ramhorns now and nothing else. Just fired my 350 for the first time today since I've owned it. Man, it is loud w/out mufflers!!! Have you done all of the exhaust yourself on yours? Are you routing it out the side or back? I plan on routing mine out the back so I don't backdraft fumes back into the cab.

alex e

SILVER Star
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Hey Nicholas if you wanna come into Dallas one Sat AM and see the rig at the shop come on. Irving Blvd @ Story Rd. in Irving. I bought that Walker pipe for $43 + free shipping from Amazon.com of all places. I've fired mine up a few times with just manifolds.....yup pretty damn loud. No exhaust work done yet, but we'll go manifolds>Y Pipe > single pipe down the driver's side and tuck a muffler up under the tub, exiting just past rear driver's tire, so I can squish it with my 37" TA Krawlers. Should be fun. Found a fully welded stainless Walker at Summit for about $35. Need to order a catch can too for the radiator.

Where's my damn credit card.......?

Visit site
I drove mine early in the morning to the muffler shop with only about a foot of pipe off each manifold. It was loud enough that I couldn't hear the howling bearings in the alternator (or much else for that matter).

I ran dual exhausts dumping in front of both wheels. I haven't had problems with exhaust inside. I think I smelled more exhaust when my stockish exhaust dumped out the rear.

Last edited:
Visit site
Hey Nicholas if you wanna come into Dallas one Sat AM and see the rig at the shop come on. Irving Blvd @ Story Rd. in Irving. I bought that Walker pipe for $43 + free shipping from Amazon.com of all places. I've fired mine up a few times with just manifolds.....yup pretty damn loud. No exhaust work done yet, but we'll go manifolds>Y Pipe > single pipe down the driver's side and tuck a muffler up under the tub, exiting just past rear driver's tire, so I can squish it with my 37" TA Krawlers. Should be fun. Found a fully welded stainless Walker at Summit for about $35. Need to order a catch can too for the radiator.

Where's my damn credit card.......?

I'll probably do that. I work in Irving and know Irving well. I'd like to see your setup. Where exactly on Irving Blvd / Story? I'll be around this Sat morning in Irving before I go home from work.

Nick

alex e

SILVER Star
Website
www.octagonmma.com
I'm in HOU this Fri/Sun but go to the Eagle Rider Harley Shop, and RT Customs is in their long multi-bay garage attached to the Harley shop. I think its 2500 West Irving Blvd? Next to the UHaul, before the BofA. Randy W> Suttles is the guru there and just ask for him.

ALex

Visit site
I'm in HOU this Fri/Sun but go to the Eagle Rider Harley Shop, and RT Customs is in their long multi-bay garage attached to the Harley shop. I think its 2500 West Irving Blvd? Next to the UHaul, before the BofA. Randy W> Suttles is the guru there and just ask for him.

ALex

I know right where it is. I may try to pop in sometime and take a gander at it.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom