Need opinions on this Flywheel please: Or have 1 for sale? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
So, apparently the 13405-69015 fly wheel for my rig has been discontinued. My mechanic dsn't want to deal with machining my flywheel. Said i would source 1 he can just throw in.

A- is this the correct flywheel for my '87 60? B-does this Flywheel look "refurbished"?

much appreciated any insight or if anyone has a flywheel for sale HMU. #Thanks

fly1.jpg

fly2.jpg

fly3.jpg

Is yours bad or does just not want to do it. Why don’t you take your FW to a machine shop, have it turned, and give it back to your mechanic? Or find a different mechanic.

And no, that FW doesn’t look refurbished.

Is yours bad or does just not want to do it. Why don’t you take your FW to a machine shop, have it turned, and give it back to your mechanic? Or find a different mechanic.

And no, that FW doesn’t look refurbished.
I would take it to a shop myself...but im not there. Mechanic is fine...not sure why he dsnt want to deal with having it machined. Mightve found 1...but deal seems far to good to be true

$97 shipped and states refurbished.

20210304_165528_HDR.jpg

20210304_165534.jpg

Then call a machine shop and you drop off to have them turn it - usually $50-75 at most. Don't succumb to the laziness of the tech and spend more money for no reason.
sorta hard thing to do me being in Boston and my rig bein in Colorado. pretty sure i have it sorted anyway.

this is a silly question because the name is right there but what’s the site? Nothing comes up when I google it
whuch question is silly?

whuch question is silly?

what website is that. It looks like it could be a good source. When I googled the Naasuaer nothing came up though

what website is that. It looks like it could be a good source. When I googled the Naasuaer nothing came up though

found same flywheel for sale on what appears to be same site...multiple "skins" though. Hoping it is valid. $97 shipped be a steal...

smthn is wierd...went back, found same part and its still for sale. seems fishy

Then call a machine shop and you drop off to have them turn it - usually $50-75 at most. Don't succumb to the laziness of the tech and spend more money for no reason.
Agreed. Your paying HIM to do a service. He ought to do what you want. Stock flywheel to your truck unless cracked is best IMO over something from another truck you know nothing about.

Chris, is there a 'competent' machine shop that you can get to if you get the FW from the mechanic ?

Chris, is there a 'competent' machine shop that you can get to if you get the FW from the mechanic ?

Not that im aware of off hand...im sure I could find 1.

"problem is whne the flywheel gets thinnerit affects the clutch pedal travel. Sometimes the clutch wont disengager when the flywheel gets thinner" is his stated concern

Not that im aware of off hand...im sure I could find 1.

"problem is whne the flywheel gets thinnerit affects the clutch pedal travel. Sometimes the clutch wont disengager when the flywheel gets thinner" is his stated concern
Personally our FWs are so stout I really doubt it’s too thin at this point to be used... I’d call his bluff.

Get your truck back ASAP. Your mechanic is lacking knowledge of basic automotive concepts.
thats helpful...thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom