need info on transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hows it goin? I have a 1992 land cruiser and I think the transmission is going because when I let off the gas it make a clanging noise not sure what to do if anyone can help give me an email. god bless!!!

C,

It would be a ruling I'm not empowered to make, but I believe this post is a contender for the "Most Useless Quantity Of Information Ever Provided For What Is Suggested May Be A Serious Problem But With Proper Information Will Prove To Be A Piece Of Gravel Caught In The Heatshield" competition. In other words, you have provided the absolute rock bottom minimum information to qualifiy as a post and are expecting others to evaluate it. We're good, but we're not clairvoeuyant....

I'm going to use you as a the first ever forum experiment. I will provide you with no tips whatsoever in terms of information that would be useful for us to evaluate your problem. Your challenge is to pretend you're a knowledgeable 80 tech and try to think what information you'd like to know in evaluating this problem.

Cue up that annoying Alex Trebek music. Doo doo dee dee doo doo dee......

DougM

dah day dah day dah day day..... dut tee dut tee dee dee dee.

abclin said:
dah day dah day dah day day..... dut tee dut tee dee dee dee.
How can you all expect him to write down the question, if you don't play the music right???

It should be...

Do tee do dooo, do tee doo, do tee do teee dut!.., do do do do dooo...

:popcorn:

ccollins said:
Hows it goin? I have a 1992 land cruiser and I think the transmission is going because when I let off the gas it make a clanging noise not sure what to do if anyone can help give me an email. god bless!!!

Over time, there is eventually some slop in an LC's driveline and its noticeable when you take your foot of the gas, when you shift into gear etc.

Depending, of course, on the loudness and precise nature of the sound, you might have something other than characteristic wear and tear.

Muffler Bearings.

landtank said:
sounds to me that your go-roundy thing a ma bob has a flat spot.

As much as it disturbs me to agree with the think tank waterboy I must concur with this diagnoisis. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom