need help with what i believe is a camber issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok soa and have been having a bit of death wobble. running 39.5" bias iroks and havent had them balanced yet. went through the wheel bearings put new trunion bearings in when i did go soa(only a few months ago). did the backyard mechanic wheel alignment sent to 1/8" of toe in. what brings me to this is as you sit in the front and look at the tires on passenger the top tire sticks out and on the driver side the bottom is out. I put a level on the rim and i get a reading of 1.5 degrees in opposite ends. thus between the two i am out three degrees. did i screw up on my cut and turn. i did triple check it all but it seems my driver side spring perch sits a little lower in the front then the passenger side. also have read that collapsed trunion bearing may have an affect on this. Now if im wrong the only way to check is by tearing apart again. yes no. now if i didnt set enough caster into it which for the life of me i cant remember what i set it at would this affect it and i could easily fix this with the old caster shim. Ok all let me know if i am barking up the wrong tree and if there is anything else to do. Just redid the spring packs in the front due to a serious lean to driver side 3" and am going to get an alignment and hopefully tires balanced if no to pricey. Thans again all

Bryon

39.5" bias ply tires that are not balanced is precisely where I would start. Do not do anything until you do that. Camber is not likely to cause wobble, too much caster will however.

I agree with the above. Start with the easiest (and eventually necessary anyway if it sees much street miles)

Which way are the rims angling:
1. / \ 2. \ / 3. / / 4. \ \ or ??

well the only tire place i could find to do the tried wanted 35 bucks a tire. I dont think so not right now so i find a distributor of dyna beads and after talking to him for like an hour i tried them out. Of course the wobble is still there just like my bad luck. Would it be possible for the poly spring bushings to go I've had them for 4 years and i have no idea how long before i got them. I'm calling an alignment shop tomorrow at least i can get some hard numbers to help with. everything is tight and torqued right the only thing i can think of next is the teardown of the front axle again. Any other easy idea before i just through more money at it and buy new bearings

thanks

Bryon

any pics?

pictures man.

let me know what you would like pics of i took a couple but his is all its letting me post right now. I love being computer illiterate. I went back over it today checked all nuts and bolts. u-bolts, shackle, spring hanger, trunion bearing bolts, checked for play in wheel bearings (none noted), tie rods (all tight and better not be play probably not even 500 miles). still need to call for a front end alignment, the day just got away from me.

thanks all
Bryon
bryon 016.jpg

dude i like it!

but on topic i dont see the wheel lean you describe...

off topic again...
id like to see some shots from the side to see how much cutting you had to do for them tires... the more and more i see rigs the more i realize with my SOA 38's wont be enough... been thinking 39.5's or 42" IROK Competition Compound... ouch $$$...

From your picture of the front of the truck it looks like your passenger tire is pointing out a lot more than the driver’s tire. Couldn’t this be the source of the wobble?

On second look you might be right. I can't see the passenger side tire fender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom