Need help to ID these brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I pulled my front wheel off to check the fit of my steelies (they fit) that I’m installing soon. If anyone has an idea of who makes these discs and calipers I’d greatly appreciate some input. No issues right now just curious. Thanks

9CBF01E4-0584-4349-9F12-B41607CB1824.jpeg

7D2B7577-E0B1-4A98-A79F-840F887A5E4D.jpeg

E7B6A6B6-701C-4AE2-AAA1-CED95658BF93.jpeg

looks like standard issue mini truck stuff, solid rotor.

Ok thanks. Also is that a spacer or is that standard mini truck disc?

looks like standard issue mini truck stuff, solid rotor.

the entire Front Axles of both Mini Trucks and FJ40 land cruisers free wheel hub to free wheel Hub was Forged , Cast and Milled by the to

companies at the time whom now have Merged since as understand it to be , ASCO and AISIN

now fall under the bid watchful big brother of TOYOTA Motors Ltd. Japan and simply are now called AISIN

Aisin-Seiki-logo-300x90.jpg

Aisin-Toyota-e1464610743166-640x360.jpg

asco1.jpg

s-l640.jpg

spacer? I don't see a spacer, the rotor and calipers could easily be switched over to vented rotors and wider calipers then you would have standard issue Landcruiser disc brakes, but the mini truck stuff works fine for stockish aplications.

looked at the pic again, looks like the reemed out the steering arm for bolts and heim joints versus tapered tie rod ends.

the entire Front Axles of both Mini Trucks and FJ40 land cruisers free wheel hub to free wheel Hub was Forged , Cast and Milled by the to

companies at the time whom now have Merged since as understand it to be , ASCO and AISIN

now fall under the bid watchful big brother of TOYOTA Motors Ltd. Japan and simply are now called AISIN

This is incorrect.

ASCO= Aisin Seiki Corporation = Aisin. They are one in the same. There was no merger between ASCO and Aisin. ASCO is Aisin.

Also, Aisin only manufactures the hub end components like the calipers, pads (sometimes), rotors. The axle housings and differentials themselves were manufactured by Toyota in-house at the Honsha plant during this time period.

They are currently manufactured at the Motomachi plant.

It’s funny, one of my hubs says ASCO and the other one says AISIN!

The calipers are a dead giveaway.

The "3 Mountain" stamping is the old corporate logo for Aisin Takaoka. They manufacture pretty much most of Toyota's rotors, brake drums, aluminum and cast brake calipers. So if you see those stamped on your rotor/drum or caliper, you know that it's an OEM manufacturer in either factory or aftermarket form.

Color of the hub tells me that is from a 1979 4wd mini truck. Solid rotor and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom