Need help identifying brake calipers on rear disc conversion. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Josey1972

SILVER Star
Threads
Ive owned this truck for two years now. I need to get some new pads and replace the rubber brake lines for the calipers. Can anyone tell me what brand of calipers these are? Also, who‘s disc conversion kit it is?

As far as I know its an 89 Pick Up But I know the axle housing was replaced somewhere along the line.

Appreciated.
78E42689-FEBF-4286-8C22-EE0BCE0E95F7.jpeg
44A16136-99CA-4A30-B202-3916D5754DB3.jpeg
9500A5DE-D47F-445D-9042-FA6E5928AB20.jpeg

Looks like your bracket is welded. Maybe homebrew bracket.
Otherwise

Looks like your bracket is welded. Maybe homebrew bracket.
Otherwise
That looks pretty close. Funny, my 40 has the same brakes... Thanks

That looks pretty close. Funny, my 40 has the same brakes... Thanks
Looks like the same junk I installed on my FJ40. GM calipers. I used a different brake line, so I'm help there.

Likely they are GM's so-called "metric" calipers. If they are the piston will be Ø2.50" OD and the FMSI pad backing plate number is D-154

The other option would be if they are the "big" GM caliper, in which case the piston will be Ø2.937" OD or rather rarely Ø3.094" OD and the backing plate number is D-52.

In the "big" calipers the banjo bolt threads can be either 7/16" or 10mm, but I believe (could be wrong) that the "metric caliper" only came with 10mm threads.

I'd look at Cadillac rear disc brake listings for the brake hoses. Alternately GM truck front brakes, both 2 and 4wd are good options to look at if they are long more than short.

If the calipers are 10mm then any hose will work. If they are 7/16 then perhaps a new set of the 10mm variety of caliper should be acquired?

If the calipers are 10mm then any hose will work. If they are 7/16 then perhaps a new set of the 10mm variety of caliper should be acquired?
I thought about an upgrade in the event of that happening. They stop great really. The part now is just the messy effort of checking the banjo boat siZe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom