Need a suggestion - battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but trying to find out a battery that will last. The PO had AAA put a battery in one year ago but its starting to degrade fast and CCA’s have dropped. If you had to get another battery what battery would you put on your 80 series and why? I need something stupid dependable, preferably agm (not flooded).

View attachment 1877098

I know Sears batterys are pretty much gone, so it looks like Oddessey 34R-PC1500T or MTZ-34R are the main two I’ve been conidering. Battery needs to hold up to winching under load taking breaks every 30 seconds.

Not interested in dual battery setups, I won’t be running a fridge or anything that requires deep cycle.

Thanks guys!
Odyssey 31PC 2150 is largest that will fit in stock location. Can’t beat it. Had one sitting in truck not run for 6mo, still at 12.2v. Has never failed.

I've run multiple AGM batteries including Optima, Exide and other brands in multiple vehicles including my boat . First Optima gave me 7 years of service. Since then it is more like 3 years and not worth the cost. I've had much better life with the standard lead acid Interstate batteries purchased at Costco for a much lower overall cost.

All batteries die, shop by who gives the best service locally, price, warranty. Most of the rigs I wheel with run $25 group 27 "blems" from the local Interstate Store.

Costco/Kirkland is a rebadged black box interstate.
Toyota true start is the exact same rebadged battery as Costco..

True, but anything from the Toyota dealer would be far superior! The local warehouse has a wall of cubbyholes with different stickers that they apply to black case batteries before delivery.

True, but anything from the Toyota dealer would be far superior! The local warehouse has a wall of cubbyholes with different stickers that they apply to black case batteries before delivery.

I’ve worked for Interstate for 7 years, can’t tell you how many I’ve stickered up and delivered

Costco no longer rebrands Interstate batteries. They now sell Interstate branded batteries. And I'm not sure having the same company make batteries under different labels means they are the same battery. May be or may not be.

That being said, I've had great success with Interstate batteries and the fact Costco sells them makes it an easy sell for me.

Costco no longer rebrands Interstate batteries. They now sell Interstate branded batteries. And I'm not sure having the same company make batteries under different labels means they are the same battery. May be or may not be.

That being said, I've had great success with Interstate batteries and the fact Costco sells them makes it an easy sell for me.

They are the same battery. Each interstate distributor has a section in their warehouse full of blank black box batteries and stickers for most of the dealerships. Same battery. Different stickers.

They are the same battery. Each interstate distributor has a section in their warehouse full of blank black box batteries and stickers for most of the dealerships. Same battery. Different stickers.

Good to know. I have to assume that Toyota wants more money for their battery than Costco does.

They all fail, some quicker than others. My friendly neighborhood NAPA has been great and in if a battery fails even install the size 31's. I have had very bad luck with Optima, ok luck with Costco (one hour drive and no installation) and better luck with NAPA. Go the easiest route.

Good to know. I have to assume that Toyota wants more money for their battery than Costco does.

their pretty much the same price, we sell the true 2 for 99 installed and a trustart for 119. the difference between the batteries is mainly the warrantee, truestart is longer warrantee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom