need a little help with 90925-05052 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a bench lathe? Maybe you can salvage what you have. Mill out the leftover plastic to match the diameter of some brass round bar. Make a mini, brass two-port manifold to epoxy in-place. Bore the round bar, drill & tap for two brass barbs.

Has anyone found a substitute part number for the BVSV yet? if not, I was wondering if anyone could put a hole in my logic before I pull the trigger and purchase one.

When I use my Toyota parts catalogue CD and punch in the discontinued part number 90925-05052 and suggested replacement 90925-05056 using Amayama, at the bottom of the page it comes up "other vehicles this may fit" and listed is Corolla KE70 - Engine 4KC and the obvious 12HT.
Link 90925-05052
Link 90925-05056

I have cross referenced the Corolla KE70 BVSV - Engine 4KC with a part number 90925-05051 and it is available
Link 90925-05052

9092505051.jpg

The purple 90925-05035 which was my first choice, after some research does not cross match any model numbers that the existing 12HT BVSV shares.

Any info or advice would be great.
Billy

in the same boat, funny, I was just looking at the broken plastic remnant of the valve yesterday and thinking I really need to find another. BTW, mine is "gray" but the tips that were covered by vacuum hose are a shade of purple, so my guess is OE color was purple.

My workaround has been to bump the hand throttle just a bit prior to starting to get an increased idle when it was cold this winter. :)

Last edited:
Try: 25820-13020
Hello and thanks man! Now that I know you from the coalminerclassic I’m definitely ordering one of the alts you suggested. @Onur Which do you think is more compatible with a 12ht? the newer version (3fe)?

See you at Fall Crawl?

Last edited:
05035 is the one I ordered. I’ll post up results. To all the 12ht owners on here, Onur knows his s*** about Toyota parts; in my experience, if he says it, it’s gold.

Any feedback on which part was most suitable for the 12HT?
I installed it and it works as designed. :) "05035 is the one I ordered."

Hi, I tried the 25820-13020 on my 12HT, unfortunately didn't resolve the issue, are you sure this worked for you? on what engine model? thanks
I don’t believe there is a replacement that works the same as the original, I am happy to be proven wrong by someone else though

Just completed a rebuild on my 12H-T and rebuilder chucked/lost the original BVSV and fitted another purple version, but seems to be closed below 40degC and open above so does not oeprate correctly. The BVSV to operate the idle up must be open below approximately 40degC and closed above. Open allows vacuum through to the idle up actuator. I am trying to figure out if the No 1 and No 2 designations refer to how the switch operates (ie either closed below temperature, open above, or open below temperature, closed above). Any insights would be appreciated. Attemepting to find a replacement part and only finding versions which are closed below temperature, open above.

Ordered 90925-05035. Unfortunately not suitable as suggested in this thread. Closed below 40degC. Open above. It does not activate the idle up actuator correctly (ie below a certain temperature). The search continues...

Ordered 90925-05035. Unfortunately not suitable as suggested in this thread. Closed below 40degC. Open above. It does not activate the idle up actuator correctly (ie below a certain temperature). The search continues...

This is what I concluded a few years ago as well when I started this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom