Nebraska Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My name is Jeremy Roberts and my wife and I live in Lexington. We own:

1996 Toyota LandCruiser - which has a few mods
2000 Lexus LX470 - stock which I drive in the summer wife in the winter
2007 Toyota Camry - wife drives

Hi,

I used to live in Omaha (and still have a house there - and a '61 Buick :rolleyes:)

since 2004, I own a 40 that lives in Arizona and gets wheeled whenever I can get out there :steer:

I'll check in periodically, but am too infrequently in Omaha to come to meets unless by pure chance of schedule.

:cheers:

Jeff here....

Cruiser owner since 1978. Currently have a 71 FJ40, 76 FJ40, 89 FJ62 and a 97 80 series. The 89 is for sale if anybody is interested.

Aaron here...mall queen, with aspirations of bigger things...

Jeremy, you ought to see if you can get this sub forum listed under the "clubs" tab so it also shows up by state. Thanks for doing this...

Nicely done Jeremy!

Grench here. I have two 1996 FZJ80s.

Her's: Red, factory lockers, OME heavy 0" lift, Goodyear Duratrak tires in near stock size (31"). Family go to church vehicle.

Mine: Grey, factory lockers, OME heavy 2.5" lift, Longfield front axles and birfs, Goodyear Duratrak 35" tires, re-geared to 4.88, Flip up license plate, ARB front bumper, Warn M12K winch, 1991 Front "TOYOTA" grill, brass radiator, front Toyota pusher fan, marine horns, Dual Optima D31A batteries, two giant marine 4 position switches, TRD Supercharger, full size stock washer bottle, Slee transfer case skid plate, Hanna Quality sliders, Slee rear locker skid plate, Slee Rear swing out bumper with a custom through-hitch that provides a mount for the rear 24 gallon aux tank, swing out tire carrier, Full height Milford barrier, LineX color matched roof, custom stainless 3" over the frame rail exhaust with StainlessWorks muffler, Rear 100AMP circuit to run the ExtremAir compressor and ARB 70 refrigerator. Always a work in progress.

Gary in Kearney. The cruiser I like best is my 1980 forty. Lots of gears and stuff. Just got back from South Dakota where I met Jim from North Platte. Plan to go to the TAC event in southern MO.

oh, and if anyone has a late model 40 series (large pattern knuckles and disk brakes) or 60 series front axle, send me a PM

I would want everything except the diff and the housing

My bad, I just threw a set of knuckles and a bare hj61 housing on a trailer going to the scrapper. I did save some important bits, spindles, hubs and birfs. I got the lockouts and the long side-long spline.

Hey, Im in Omaha. '79 FJ40, Mustard yellow, 33s, 400sbc, LockRites. Currently in pieces after a particularly nasty engine fire. Body and interior survived, everything under the hood is toast.

Ive owned 2 FJ40s, 1 FJ55, and 2 FJ60s, 3 4Runners, 2 Tacomas. Current daily driver is a '08 Timberland Green 5.7 TRD Tundra. Wife drives a '09 TDI Jetta.

Im currently working on another project. 1951 Ford Tudor Custom Deluxe. 239 flathead, 3spd on the column. Going for a mild '60s custom look, lowered 3", mexican blanket interior, frenched lights and license plate, wide whites with spider caps. Still deciding on color.

Ill get back around to the FJ40 when the feeling of being forsaken by it goes away. Damn engine fires.

Hodag

Hey,

Omaha/Papillion resident, FJ62 owner. First cruiser, I've had it for about a year and a half. Looking for a nicer FJ60/62 or an FZJ80 so I can combine my 3 season driver WRX and winter driver LC into one car.

See: https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-t...rx-wagon-fzj80-maybe-right-fj60-62-omaha.html

Glad to see a Nebraska community getting started. I previously lived in Texas, which has a huge TLC following.

Sorry little late getting here. I'm Pam and I live in Cozad. I have a 1967 FJ40 with a 4 cyl Perkins diesel, TF727, and a Dana 300. Detroit e-locker in front (untested) and Aussie locker rear. Dana 44 axles front and rear. It is purple! Haven't done any wheelin' this year in it, was fighting PS issues. Think I have them worked out for the most part, but still seems to lose fluid. Need to work on heater system next. Hope to meet and wheel with some of you in the future.

Sorry little late getting here. I'm Pam and I live in Cozad. I have a 1967 FJ40 with a 4 cyl Perkins diesel, TF727, and a Dana 300. Detroit e-locker in front (untested) and Aussie locker rear. Dana 44 axles front and rear. It is purple! Haven't done any wheelin' this year in it, was fighting PS issues. Think I have them worked out for the most part, but still seems to lose fluid. Need to work on heater system next. Hope to meet and wheel with some of you in the future.

Let's see some pics of that Perkins FJ40.

Hi my names Jeff, a couple months ago I flew down to PA to drive home my "NEW" 83 fj60 with a 3B dropped in and full grease car set-up. So far, thanks to all the cruiser gods - I did a front axle rebuild and I'm gunna put on some new wheels here soon and swapping the suspension this week.......and the work continues. Good to see some cruiser lovers in NE.

Here she is.....

Cruiser.jpg

I don't see many other FJ80's around Lincoln. I've got a green 1994 with OME lift, 315's, rear locker, ARB bumper and winch. I go down to Tuttlecreek when I can to offroad it.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom