NC DMV website. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ghostrider I

I wear many "heads" as I have many vehicles.
Threads
Is there any place on the website where I can type in the availability of a personalized tag? I am buying JohnKing5's 80, and the girlfriend thought of a great idea for a plate.

Was on that, but I want to see what she created is available. When I registered my HDJ, I played around to see if "DSLCRSR" was available prior to submitting the form.

It use to be easy to check. Now it looks like you go through their new site.

New website is horrible. You have to enter your title info before checking on tag availability. Lame 'text messaging' style interface that someone in gov't thought was cool. Someone should lose their job for approving this. Old site worked fine, no hassles. Go figure.

New website is horrible. You have to enter your title info before checking on tag availability. Lame 'text messaging' style interface that someone in gov't thought was cool. Someone should lose their job for approving this. Old site worked fine, no hassles. Go figure.

I updated my registration with that new style the other day and it gave me the anxieties.

Soooooo.... I'm about to test uncharted DMV waters - I'm going to attempt to have my 96 LX inspected in VA and submit it to NCDOT via a fax to Raleigh. Emissions only. This option was recommended to me by NCDOT Customer Service this morning when I called them to ask if there was any way around needing to drive all the way back to Charlotte from Northern Virginia just for inspection. I was told specifically that only Emissions was required.

I assume I'll spend this evening trying to talk the VA inspection station into actually performing an inspection on an out of state vehicle. And then looking for a fax machine to use! I'll report back.

Soooooo.... I'm about to test uncharted DMV waters - I'm going to attempt to have my 96 LX inspected in VA and submit it to NCDOT via a fax to Raleigh. Emissions only. This option was recommended to me by NCDOT Customer Service this morning when I called them to ask if there was any way around needing to drive all the way back to Charlotte from Northern Virginia just for inspection. I was told specifically that only Emissions was required.

I assume I'll spend this evening trying to talk the VA inspection station into actually performing an inspection on an out of state vehicle. And then looking for a fax machine to use! I'll report back.
Good luck!

Hm8H6bphysGJwVcV1Y2B90nh-Do=.gif

But your car isn't 35 years old (or more) - why not a safety inspection, also? Sounds like they are messing with you :). Fudge, I'd just find the closest inspection place at the border of NC.........

But your car isn't 35 years old (or more) - why not a safety inspection, also? Sounds like they are messing with you :). Fudge, I'd just find the closest inspection place at the border of NC.........
Because I need more drama in my life. The inspector yesterday said something that made perfect sense regarding the safety portion but I've forgotten it. I do know that VA safety checks are different than NC, anyway. Haven't had time to fax it in yet.

Because I need more drama in my life. The inspector yesterday said something that made perfect sense regarding the safety portion but I've forgotten it. I do know that VA safety checks are different than NC, anyway. Haven't had time to fax it in yet.

well at least you give us all a reason to drink, I'll hoist one to your brave endeavor.....

I went in to the DMV to register and title my 100 on April 3. I called today since my title had not come in the mail yet. Clerk informs me it had not been processed and when I asked her several times why when she kept giving odd reasons of an out of state title as if there was a problem. She got an attitude and would not explain other than a request for the title being submitted. If you’re a day late on registration, you get fined. The DMV should have to give credit for their mistakes and taking too long. Our local DMV workers are great, but the customer service to the state is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom