Mystery Connector (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 1996 80 series from a buddy (who was a Mud member, owner before him was a member as well) last October, and this forum has been a great resource since then. Decided it’s finally time for a post.

I was replacing my battery today, and found this connector laying in the bottom of the battery tray. I can’t find anywhere obvious that it should go. Does anyone have any ideas? I read through a thread listing all of the main harness connectors, and didn’t seem to find a match. Thanks!

B1FFDBC0-D619-4D32-9437-C3934D8144ED.jpeg

DA7EA004-0A77-4962-8D9B-9D60B8E0556B.jpeg

I'm sure someone will know exactly what that goes to, but in the meantime there should be a 5 digit number somewhere on there. Probably very small. But Google that when you find it.

Looks like it could potentially be aftermarket. I don't remember seeing a connector with that orange retainer. But I'm not expert!

Edit: knock sensor?

Last edited:
I'm sure someone will know exactly what that goes to, but in the meantime there should be a 5 digit number somewhere on there. Probably very small. But Google that when you find it.

Looks like it could potentially be aftermarket. I don't remember seeing a connector with that orange retainer. But I'm not expert!

Edit: knock sensor?
Thanks for the reply. Could be aftermarket, I don’t see a number on it.

I replaced one of the knock sensors right after I bought the truck. If I remember right, there are 2. I’ll inspect tomorrow, although I’m not getting a knock sensor code.

Thanks for the reply. Could be aftermarket, I don’t see a number on it.

I replaced one of the knock sensors right after I bought the truck. If I remember right, there are 2. I’ll inspect tomorrow, although I’m not getting a knock sensor code.
Oh I'm sure that is a leftover if it was inside the battery tray. No way for something like that to get in there on its own.

Could be for the ultra-rare electric motor pop-up headlamp option, like on early 80s Corvettes??

OK, probably not, but it's not a knock sensor connector from a 1FZFE.

What's that bar sticking out of it??

Could be for the ultra-rare electric motor pop-up headlamp option, like on early 80s Corvettes??

Haha, good guess.

The bar sticking out of the center of the connector is the terminal with a little bit of old plastic stuck on.

It’s also got a couple of plastic tabs sticking off the housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom