My new toy OBD1 Bluetooth reader for 1FZ-FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1FZ-FE supported

2 minutes in the middle of the night and already I saw that one O2 sensor and the engine temperature sensor are dead

Very nice android app (no iPhone)

img_7166.jpg
img_7163.jpg
img_7165.jpg
img_7167.jpg

Toyobd1 is it's name in play store

He’s making them again?

I’ll get one this time.

He’s making them again?

I’ll get one this time.

Still show the device is out of stock. I've been on their email notification list since July and haven't heard a thing. The new version was to be available in late summer.

He’s making them again?

I’ll get one this time.
Still show the device is out of stock. I've been on their email notification list since July and haven't heard a thing. The new version was to be available in late summer.

Not yet the new reader programmer code reader will be out will be out within two months

Components were ordered for the production of 200 units

A few beta units were given to some users according to engine types

The beta users after successfully testing the new units sold the old unit for 35$+shipping on toyobd1 Facebook group.

The new unit will cost 60-70$

Very cool.

Will this work on the 3f-e?

Subscribed

3F-E not supported (not OBD1)

I messaged the developer on Facebook messenger about this and sent him a copy of the FSM and he said he would see what he could do this was some months ago might be cool if someone else sent him a message as well. Here is a link to the group on facebook TOYOBD1 Users

From the dev today...

"I took a quick glance at the 3F-E fsm earlier this year, it should not have the obd1 data stream, so the support will be partial and require of you to directly tap into signal wires you will want to have.

you get fuel trim, error codes, battery voltage,GPS moving speed, then the cutom readings you will choose to tap into. (I suggest tapping into IGF to get RPM),injector signal #10(#1 on some engines) and map or afm sensor output, coolant temp,then others for what's left.

this will still be better than being blind,allowing to diagnose some stuff,calculate fuel consumption, but the installation process will be more demanding an involve soldering.

In the end you would get faster readings this way vs the obd1 data stream, and at least get main variables and error codes reading."

can you send pics of the OBD connector?

Sure, But I don't imagine it's any different from any other 91.

The dev just got back to me some more this morning.

"purist will say obd0,obd1 does not exist, being only 'obd' until before obd2 and others.

all 1985+ toyota efi are at least obd, but the digital data stream my obd1read uses to get data is generally not available on toyotas before 1992 except very specific cases. before that we rely on direct readings instead."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom