My Lseat.com front seat leather experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted to share my experience (no affiliation with them).
  • 1/19 - requested swatches
  • 1/20 - request confirmed by Lseat
  • 2/2 - asked for status and was told they'd shipped
  • 2/17 - swatches received and order for front seats and 3 sq ft of hide in BISQUE placed ($341.50 shipped)
  • 2/25 - order shipped
  • 3/8 - order received via FedEx in Atlanta, from Houston
They looked amazing, vacuum packed, leather felt very thick with nice, slightly padded black liner on the back and seat bottoms. Received more than 3 sq ft of extra hide; an unevenly cut scrap closer to 4 sq ft. I paid a local installer $400 for installation and to make a new center console cover from the scrap I bought. This included steaming seat foam, adding some foam to the driver's seat, and treating the leather with protector (Lexol I believe). Took him about 6 hours. He also packed up my old leather to save for possible future repairs to my 2nd or 3rd row, which are currently in excellent condition.

I am thrilled.
swatches.jpg
package.jpg
installed.jpg

Thanks for the pics and time-line. I have the sample brochure at home and am going to order the front seats in two-tone (dark grey/light grey) to match the doors. Back seats in perfect condition but will get them down the road to match the two-tone fronts. I will also get the covers for my 40th anniversary edition 80 with the two-tone (brown/bisque). Great idea to get extra for the center console.

I got mine, they look good, took about 5 weeks, yet to install. Next warm weekend I'll get them on.

Looks great!

Had you given consideration to the perforated option?

just wanted to say thanks for the breakdown here. I'm in a similar position, I just need the leather and I have upholstery people that can work magic. That price is good and I GREATLY appreciate you confirming the color..

Wanted to share my experience (no affiliation with them).
  • 1/19 - requested swatches
  • 1/20 - request confirmed by Lseat
  • 2/2 - asked for status and was told they'd shipped
  • 2/17 - swatches received and order for front seats and 3 sq ft of hide in BISQUE placed ($341.50 shipped)
  • 2/25 - order shipped
  • 3/8 - order received via FedEx in Atlanta, from Houston
They looked amazing, vacuum packed, leather felt very thick with nice, slightly padded black liner on the back and seat bottoms. Received more than 3 sq ft of extra hide; an unevenly cut scrap closer to 4 sq ft. I paid a local installer $400 for installation and to make a new center console cover from the scrap I bought. This included steaming seat foam, adding some foam to the driver's seat, and treating the leather with protector (Lexol I believe). Took him about 6 hours. He also packed up my old leather to save for possible future repairs to my 2nd or 3rd row, which are currently in excellent condition.

I am thrilled.
View attachment 1434609 View attachment 1434611 View attachment 1434610

When you got your covers, were they labeled drivers and passenger side? I can tell the bottoms, but the tops look exactly the same to me.

Wish I had this kind of experience. Dealing with them has been a headache. They screwed up my order and I returned them and I haven't heard from them. No one will return my questions and emails. I paid for front and back two tone leather which is upwards of $700. I have nothing to show for it. Don't know if I will ever see that money or new seats again.

Wish I had this kind of experience. Dealing with them has been a headache. They screwed up my order and I returned them and I haven't heard from them. No one will return my questions and emails. I paid for front and back two tone leather which is upwards of $700. I have nothing to show for it. Don't know if I will ever see that money or new seats again.
I had been patiently waiting to purchase a set. Your experience has kind of confirmed what opinion I had gathered for myself. Really crappy situation. I was ready to purchase a set over the last several months also. Ordered samples at the end of March or the beginning of April. Never heard a thing, or even a confirmation email. I emailed them directly two weeks ago and they responded three days later said they would get samples out to me the next day and still nothing.

I hope you can get your money back and or corrected products!

I desperately need to replace my front seat covers and wanted to go this route but will go else where.

I also had to pester them for color samples. after the 2nd request I received them. At $300 a set, I was willing to wait 4-5 weeks for delivery.

What did they screw up, and did they issue a return authorization before your sent them back?

Mine arrived on time, and look good wrapped in plastic.
I am waiting on my leather guy to install. Once done, I will post the final results.
I don't think you can get to upset about someone not sending out free samples on time.

Mine arrived on time, and look good wrapped in plastic.
I am waiting on my leather guy to install. Once done, I will post the final results.
I don't think you can get to upset about someone not sending out free samples on time.
I beg to differ on a business stand point and customer service aspect as well. Why offer them at all if you are not going to follow through, let alone for a second time. I've been ready to buy for several months, but still am not going to if they can't even follow up on basic customer service principles.

Horrible business model. Do you think any of the vendors on here would thrive like they do if they simply blew customers off when they have made it clear they are want to make a purchase.

I would have paid for samples if asked to.

Here are mine. It was about $600 just to replace the bolsters on my old ones here in Denve. LSeat product was well made and a huge bargain compared to my other option.

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

Bwell- at the pricepoint of the product, I think a minimal service expectation is kind of baked in.

I've read dozens of posts across several owners forums(Porsche- BMW etc) and generally have read positive product reports on the end product, but not much one way or the other about their service.

Good thing is that there are several vendor choices for seat re-covering, (from $300-$1000+)

As far as the perforation goes, any way to install a fan or seat A/C?

Seats look great!!

What did they screw up, and did they issue a return authorization before your sent them back?
I had ordered the two tone seats and they sent me the single tan seats which are of less value than what I had placed an order for. I contacted them and got a return shipping label (he wanted me to pay return shipping at first but I told him that wasn't happening) and shipped them off in box. I printed out all my forms and the emails and placed them in the box for clarification that I was returning them and wanted the two-tone seats. I haven't heard from him since May. The name on the return label was to Ping Yang in Austin, Texas. No returned emails or calls. About to take legal action.

troutbum:
any resolution?
I need to redo my seats...
looking at Lseat and Landcruiser heaven..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom