Builds My HJ 75 series ute (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G'Day Fella's,

Nice lookin Uterus you have there Barnsey!
I assume your a NSWelshman (mighty Blues supporter)?

D'oh!
Homer

Got my 1.4x2.0 meter rear awning mounted today along with a few other jobs, hoping to get away camping sometime around lunch tomorrow :)
rear awning.jpg

decided to clean up the cab a little there were a few different color browns & it had a grey clove compartment lid :)
I prepped & painted the dash in a mid grey enamel
dash paint and winfield property 371.jpg

dash & door trims 001.jpg

dash assembley 020.jpg
dash bits 007.jpg

dash paint and winfield property 007.jpg

more to follow :)

spent a couple of nights over at the Dam to test out the canopy in cold conditions, temps reached -4 & -5 deg Celsius over night, although i have insulation plywood & marine carpet through out the majority of the canopy the gull wing doors only have the insulation & are going to need to be lined in ply & carpet also to try and retain some heat, the inside steel door frames had a film of ice forming on them & was cold to touch unlike the rest of the interior of the canopy, ll in all it wasn't too bad to sleep in having the doors closed to stop the cold chill coming from the wind, should be better next time out after a few tweaks here & there :)
burrendong august 2018 137.jpg
burrendong august 2018 172.jpg

The dog enjoyed himself & was off exploring every chance he got :)
burrendong august 2018 214.jpg

burrendong august 2018 125.jpg

The Dam level was down considerably from the last time i was there, the drought is really starting to have an effect on the water supply.
This first picture was taken in Dec 2017 & the second picture was taken on this trip last week.
40265977_1327499794051703_1468410427573534720_n.jpg

40255961_1327499894051693_2070887364451893248_n.jpg

last time i was here i was fishing halfway along the ramp, this time the whole ramp was out of the water.
burrendong august 2018 085.jpg

burrendong august 2018 069.jpg

All in all we had a great few days away & enjoyed getting out of the house for a couple of nights :)

Thanks everyone, looking forward to getting away a lot more now, I am going to put a notebook in the cab & start writing things down like camp gear i need & don't need & things i think of that can improve the setup but so far so good,

finally found a new heart for my cruiser, brought a 12ht engine, hoping it will arrive sometime this week, plan is to just do gaskets & rear main seal before i clean it up & start putting it in, i will probably do a full rebuild on it later on down the track once i can save enough dollars to do so :)
12ht engine.jpg

Congratulations on the new engine! Should be an interesting upgrade for the truck. What engine did
you just remove and did you have to change the transmission as well?

Congratulations on the new engine! Should be an interesting upgrade for the truck. What engine did
you just remove and did you have to change the transmission as well?
I removed the factory 2h as it was getting a little tired with over 560k on it, everything on the 12ht bolts straight up, bell housing is the same & engine mounts are the same, I just need to run a return fuel line back to the tank

Fired the 12ht up this afternoon. was surprised when it fired up first kick, I chucked all the vacuum lines over my shoulder except for one, then removed the heater from inside the intake & ported & polished the intake, then removed all the vacuum switching & wiring for the shutoff valve, i will use a simple choke cable hooked up to the shutoff butterfly to stop the engine, the motor sounded great with no knocks or rattles & the rockers sounded pretty quite as well,
Now its running i can start putting my cruiser back together after work each afternoon this week & hopefully get some k's on it next weekend,
this is the only video i have so far of it running, I only ran it twice for a short time & i need to get the radiator back in, oil pressure was also pretty good so happy days :)
video on instagram

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom