My first Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, that's photoshopped.

I don't know why he didn't take out that dent though....

He is making this SOA look too easy though.

PS, that front shackle angle looked okay to me? Once you start working that suspension it is going to settle down more than what it is now.

Yeah when all the axle work has already been done for you, it makes things way easy haha. The front should be a little more fun though when i get started on it in the next few days.

edit: And yes I've finally started looking for a PS fender LOL

Yeah when all the axle work has already been done for you, it makes things way easy haha. The front should be a little more fun though when i get started on it in the next few days.

How does the driveshaft angle look with that axle housing?

How does the driveshaft angle look with that axle housing?

I forgot to get a picture, but it looks really good. Doesn't bind or anything and its really not too steep. From my amateur eye, a rear DC driveshaft isn't necessary.

I forgot to get a picture, but it looks really good. Doesn't bind or anything and its really not too steep. From my amateur eye, a rear DC driveshaft isn't necessary.

That would be weird, considering I set that axle up to run with a DC driveshaft :lol:

ill take a look next time i go over. seemed fine to us but well get some pics up of the angles.

Johnny's right, definitely needs a rear DC driveshaft LOL. Doesn't bind, but i can tell it is doing its best to. IM BACK ON THE HUNT!

Yesterday, I got the front end all broken down. Didn't take any pics because I've done it like 40x and my hands were covered in grease. Next up will be mocking up the front axle and getting the pinion angle and castor angles measured so that i can take the axle in to get all welded up!

SweeT! Is that email i have your paypal as well?

edit: Ill just pm ya haha

Didn't get much work done today. Just removed the current axle, ground the Ruffstuff perches down so they would fit on the new axle, and removed 2 of the leaves from each from spring pack...

My preliminary findings for the front shackle angle show that it should be around 60*, which I'm pretty happy with. We will know for sure when i get back over there and get the actual weight on the axle, instead of a floor jack...

...And even more exciting new!
I sold my 315 Goodyears today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill be ordering my new 37" Kevlars this Friday and
For once I'm going to have a full size spare :)

Thanks Johnny, I shall do my best :)

J, I'm planning on doing the Ford towers like you thought. Just need to head to a dealer and see how cheap I can get them for. Maybe tomorrow..

...via IH8MUD app

I saw those, but after shipping its over $50. Seems like a lot for what they are, but maybe I'm just cheap lol. I'm hoping the ford guys will give me a discount, my dad loves him some power strokes and have had some history with these people.

...via IH8MUD app

Dealership sold me a pair for $26 total right off the shelf, looking good Bambi.

Got the Ford shock towers today, should work splendidly. I also ordered my tires today, should be here next friday (hopefully). Special order so they don't really know.. We're picking up our new miller 211 next week, so we should be able to finish the front axle next week as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom