My first Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I just bought my first Land Cruiser. I've wanted one for quite a while now, so the other day I finally bought one. It's a 1971 FJ40; I've posted a link below to some pictures of it.

I'm totally new to off-road vehicles and to automobiles in general. I don't know much about cars at all really, but I'm a fast learner and I hope to gleen from the vast knowledge of all the veterens in this forum.

Check out the pics............
My Land Cruiser FJ40

--papaholmz

Welcome.....

So I guess I will get to be the first to give you the salute AND tell you your bezel is upside down!!!!

:flipoff2:

Your bezel is upside down.

Dont listen to them. The upside down bezel was a factory option.....

Thats why i never changed mine.

Welcome

Welcome to the wonderful world of Land Cruisers.

-Travis Brown
Upstate Cruisers

Congrats man. Looks very nice you have to bring it out to the meetings so we can check it out. You might not want to follow us down the trail though. It looks to nice to beat it up right away.

Welcome,

First thing I would do is to scrape that USC sticker off your rear driver side window. :flipoff2: HAHAHA, JK, welcome to the forum, I'm pretty much a new guy too. See ya around

Matt

you are sooooo

lucky. I remember my first Cruiser like it was only 20 years ago.
Oops....it was 20+ years ago. :) I still have it.
Looks like you are ready to roll. Let the money pit feeding begin.
Lockers, winch, rollbar...and other neat doo dads we
all love are sure to follow.
Stay tuned for the next meeting and bring that bad beast to mingle with the horde.
Ohm.....cruiser,cruiser,cruiser....Ohm
David of Pumpkintown VP Upstate Cruisers, STLCA, TLCA # 72I6
72fj4083fj6096fzj80

Thanks for the welcome......

I agree, the sticker will have to go ASAP :)

And as for the roll cage...... that was one of the top 5 things on my to do install list. In fact, do any of you know a good place here in the upstate would be to get a roll cage installed??

And yes the winch will eventually find its way to the front of my FJ40, but sad to say, that's not in the top 5 as of yet. There are a few other things a bit more important that I need to do at the moment. But never fear, the winch will come :)

BTW...... if any of you know a trick to make the windshield wipers work on an FJ40, please share :)

Thanks,
papaholmz

4WD metal works in Belton SC info@4wdmetalworks.com
that is jus south of anderson, no personal experience but it is the only one I know of around here...

I personaly recommend MetalTech, I do have exprience with them and so do others here, top notch stuff built specifically for 40's good price, solid work, and great service..... the only thing is the cage comes in pieces and you or some one will have to do the actual welding, but it will be cheaper than having someone locally fab. up on from scratch for you.

check out metaltechcage.com..........

Good luck
JP

If you have a grinder and a welder go MetalTech no question. Great product and Mark is great to work with. I love mine. I do still need to pull it out and paint it though. Well that is only one item on the pre-GSMTR list. I realy should get to work.

Welcome to the club, papa!

Nice cruiser! Best thing is to bring it to our meeting so we can check it out fer ya. You WILL go home with more info about it than you may care for. But, that's why we're here.

1971 40 's did not come with roll bars so you will want to make brackets for it as well to better support the sheet metal. I have a roll bar for $50 that I just took off of my '71 40. I put an OME type for the use of the 3-point harness.

Congratulations again!

nice cruiser man!

that blue looks really close to chuck's forty....maybe the PO's got a group rate somewhere, ha ha.

also, have y'all seen that yellow 40 with a hardtop around clemson lately?
saw it friday headin out 93 towards the Y when i was at the light there at subway...never seen it before

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom