Builds My first FZJ80 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Removed the 2 third row seats today, and now I have alot more room.
Did some light offroading since I was by myself. Went over everything with ease, very impressed and ride was very comfortable.
20190722_144152.jpg
20190722_144205.jpg

20190722_143709.jpg

Replaced the exhaust gaskets between the manifold and downpipe. Please bear with me as I am no mechanic, so I will do my best to explain the situation. Now I am dealing with a blown out lower EGR vacuum modulator hose. Over the past few days, I have had no power at all, it struggled to do over 30mph on hills and acceleration from a red light or stop signs. The hose keeps popping off, with hard acceleration and under heavy load. So I attached the hose again with hose clamps and zip ties. Went on a small hill, gas pedal on floor and going about 15mph. Opened hood and the hose had blown off, with a hole in it this time. The rest of the truck is running and driving fine, though.
It is Toyota part # 25695-66010
I have done some research, and came to the conclusion that the cat's could be bad?

0L54JX.jpg

6sEfOU.jpg

Check this thread out:

Check this thread out:

Thanks, I was actually looking at that one a few times. I can't do any work at my condo, so I took it to the shop next door, hopefully they can fix it before the week is over.

The culprit ended up being clogged cats. I took it to exhaust works on Broadway here in Tucson (thanks to another topic on here mentioning them) and they did an excellent job. I went with just a single cat. I also picked up a brand new egr modulator lower hose from Toyota dealership. It's running great now!
20190802_100338.jpg

Fusible link?

Do you have a CEL with key on, not running?

Yes, the CEL popped on about a week ago however everything operated as normal. I did not know about fusible links untill you mentioned them, so it could be.

I'm talking engine off, key on.

It is a direct indicator that the ECM is in a ready state.

Not whether or not a code has been set.

Ok, that eliminates the fusible link for that leg. (One of three)

Ok, that eliminates the fusible link for that leg. (One of three)
Update. Just went out to try again hoping it would start after sitting overnight. No CEL light on at all at any key position. Got to work today unfortunatly, i'll have to keep looking into this later this evening.

Update. Just went out to try again hoping it would start after sitting overnight. No CEL light on at all at any key position. Got to work today unfortunatly, i'll have to keep looking into this later this evening.
So, if no CEL, then I would look at fusible links first.

So i got a set of 35x12.50r17 Ironman tires.. I like them so far, still a little noisy, but I prefer them over the noise the BFG KM2s made.
I also used the third row seat bracket to secure the spare. I got my KM2 to mount nicely, but this tire i need to work on as it still wiggles around a bit. I know, the back needs to be cleaned up a bit. Going camping Friday, so tomorrow after work i clean her out.
20190821_141414.jpg
20190821_182554.jpg
20190821_190818.jpg

Last edited:
What flavor coolaid did you drink?

Welcome to the Mud..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom