Builds My first FZJ80 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your rear cargo looks a lot like mine. I have the spare strapped down but with a 10K strap and my tools are in their bags.

I really need to design a drawer system for the rear cargo area.

Your rear cargo looks a lot like mine. I have the spare strapped down but with a 10K strap and my tools are in their bags.

I really need to design a drawer system for the rear cargo area.
If I knew how to build and weld, i'd be designing tons of stuff that an 80 would need in terms of storage and all. Ive seen some carriers before, but not sure if they are being made any more. My tools are all over in that bag, i think down the road im going to get one of those 180 pc tool sets and keeo that exclusively for the 80, in case i need em. Im trying not to add too much though as i like to have the room if i need it, as this is my only big truck. My daily driver Buick park ave trunk is huge, but not big enough.

Nice rims. I went with the grabber x3s and they are quite on the highway. No complaints so far

20180915_194919.jpg

So due to circumstances that I couldnt control, I am back in NY. The 80 is being shipped from Tucson this Saturday! Looking forward to hitting the trails in PA! Just need to make sure everything is rust proofed!

So due to circumstances that I couldnt control, I am back in NY. The 80 is being shipped from Tucson this Saturday! Looking forward to hitting the trails in PA! Just need to make sure everything is rust proofed!

Remind us again why? It was a crime committed against you that forced the move?

Remind us again why? It was a crime committed against you that forced the move?
Someone had slashed all 4 tires on the 80 while i was out hiking, and given I have had past problems with an ex-girlfriend, I am pretty sure it was her. She was crazy. There was no evidence at the site to prove so, but having dealt with a prior, similar problem almost 2 years ago, there is no doubt in my mind as to who did it. Don't want to deal with her sh!t, so i moved. It is for the best though. Sorry for the long story!
Cant wait till my 80 comes home. Looking to pick up a job in the next week or so, so i can start working on it! Got a garage and plenty of space for it. Clearance might be an issue, but we'll see!

Someone had slashed all 4 tires on the 80 while i was out hiking, and given I have had past problems with an ex-girlfriend, I am pretty sure it was her. She was crazy. There was no evidence at the site to prove so, but having dealt with a prior, similar problem almost 2 years ago, there is no doubt in my mind as to who did it. Don't want to deal with her sh!t, so i moved. It is for the best though. Sorry for the long story!
Cant wait till my 80 comes home. Looking to pick up a job in the next week or so, so i can start working on it! Got a garage and plenty of space for it. Clearance might be an issue, but we'll see!

Long story? I remember now... Sorry for the crazy-ass EXGF.

Finally she arrived home! However now i need to fix some stuff since some critter or something had some fun while it was parked in AZ. No clue how the cactus got in there, or even why.
Also started compounding the pinstripes out.
20190923_133913.jpg
20190923_132858.jpg
20190923_133102.jpg
20190923_154130.jpg

20190923_162520.jpg

Welcome to the Northeast. Get your rig rust proofed before winter for sure. I know that NH has a place called The Rust Stop that does good work...

Welcome to the Northeast. Get your rig rust proofed before winter for sure. I know that NH has a place called The Rust Stop that does good work...
Or just get a winter beater. If you want your truck to last, even with coatings/etc. the rust will still get to it.

Or just get a winter beater. If you want your truck to last, even with coatings/etc. the rust will still get to it.

That's what my daily (91 Buick 81k original miles!) is for :) But even that is mint and I will probaly keep it in the garage.
Might end up getting a small S-10 or XJ for the salted roads. I'll wheel the 80 in the snow, just need to clean it religiously. Its undercoated now, but i am thinking about putting another coat.
20190912_144938.jpg

I must have missed where you made the switch, but how do you like the Ironmans?? They don't make the "official TLC size", but they look effective none the less. How's the on-road ride after a few thousand miles of ownership? Everyone I've talked to that has them is quite satisfied with them. Haven't gotten any snow performance reports tho :\

I must have missed where you made the switch, but how do you like the Ironmans?? They don't make the "official TLC size", but they look effective none the less. How's the on-road ride after a few thousand miles of ownership? Everyone I've talked to that has them is quite satisfied with them. Haven't gotten any snow performance reports tho :\

I got them with half tread and the longest trip I have taken with them was from Tucson to Payson. IMO, they were great on the highway, not as noisy as the Bfg's I was running before. Offroad they are excellent. I am also interested to see how they will handle in the snow and mud in the northeast here.

So i took a trip up to PA to check out the AOAA offroad park. I havent done much wheeling in the northeast, even when I had my 4Runner, so this was somewhat new for me. Did mostly green and blue trails since It was just myself. Still trying to get used to the tight trails and lots of trees. I did great, however got stuck in a mud hole. Found someone to pull me out. Decided to call it quits for the day after wheeling since 9 in the morning. A winch is defenitly going on my wish list.
received_2544291545658457.jpeg
received_2416187418659118.jpeg
20190928_153609.jpg

Where abouts are you in NY? I grew up just west of Rochester.
Too bad about the psycho hose beast, best of luck with your move back home.

Did it come with that dent in the front bumper or do "own" that one? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom