Builds My first 80 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Leaking brake caliper or axle seal leak?

Decided it was time to run power to the passenger rear quarter panel and install a fuse box as I’m running several accessories coming up. A friend used a brake to make a panel to bolt in the factory holes just behind the back seat. Purchased a Blue Sea 6 circuit panel. Didn’t want to take a chance on burning the rig down with some unknown brand quality.
IMG_4687.jpeg
IMG_4688.jpeg
IMG_4689.jpeg

I stumbled on the injectors on eBay. Plug and play fit. When I built my Isuzu Trooper I upgraded the injectors and found the engine much more pleasurable to drive. It seemed like the ecu technology of the day was a lot better than the injector technology of the day. New injectors made it run so much better. So, going to try it on the 80.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Best-Upgrade-Brand-New-Flow-Matched-Fuel-Injector-Set-12-Hole/301838924984?epid=1048187194&fits=Year:1997|Model:Land+Cruiser&hash=item4647007cb8:g:xaMAAOSwbbdbIpg-:sc:USPSFirstClass!59718!US!-1&thm=10
Did you have any feedback on these?

Panel installed and I cut some old hose I had lying around to protect the wires from chasing. Even if you don’t add anything in the back, there is one factory loom that comes out under the seatbelt behind the passenger rear door that can get cut on this metal it exits.
IMG_4695.jpeg
IMG_4700.jpeg
IMG_4701.jpeg
IMG_4702.jpeg

Running wire from the back of the vehicle to the front is a bit of a chore. Neatness buys real estate with space. Use lots of zip ties. I couldn’t do this without my little helper.
IMG_4709.jpeg
IMG_4707.jpeg
IMG_4703.jpeg
IMG_4710.jpeg

Last edited:
For anyone who has added power in the back quarter panel and needed to run power to your rear bumper for a camp light like I have, where did you pull the wire through the body?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom