my cruiser whistles now?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
ok cut it off laqst night and now at about 2000rpm with gas on the cruiser starts to whistle and the whistling gets worse the more i lay into the gas. what gives? i thought the resonator was what made the cruiser whistle? any one have this prob? what should i do? i linda like haveing the resonator off so i dont bash it on rocks and it sounds a little better. does any one have any pics of the mount they used to re mount the pipe after the resonator was cut off? GUMBY????

thanks
mike

of course it will whistle more. you should have asked [glow=red,2,300]BEFORE[/glow] you hacked it off.

I don't mind the whistle. I get whistled at by chicks all the time. ::) :eek: :flipoff2: :D

Kurt,
I can supply you with a whistle or you can blindly hack off your resonator and create your own. I'll send you my PayPal address if you can't find it with a Search.
:D
-B-

I'm still saving my pennies for the S/C. C-Dan is gonna sell it to someone else if I can't come up with the $$$ pretty soon. :(

-B-

Hello!! You cut off the cat, not the resonator!! Nah, nah. Do you have an aftermarket muffler?? I can still hear a whistle with the Flowmaster....

I think the whistle is cool :cheers:

EDIT:

Couldn't resist....think the whistle is an indication of a failing muffler bearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom