Builds My Canyonero: '93 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

16) Tailgate storage mod: I wanted to buy the Huracan tailgate storage mod solution but it was more money than I wanted to spend. Having more time than money, I made my own for like $30 with a piano hinge and some sheet metal I had lying around. I did splurge on some awesome lockable push-button latches from Southco/Allegis which set me back another $80 for 3 units, but one could go simpler here and save money.

17) Flexible Shelves: I wanted flexible storage space for all our daily incidentals within arm's reach from bed, otherwise when we wake up in the morning we have to exit the vehicle to open the drawers below the bed for socks, toothbrushes, etc. I bought some cordura fabric which is strong and dense. Then I fabricated a flat steel lattice which bolts into the 2nd and 3rd row seatbelt mounts and the overhead hand grip bolts. This lattice is contoured to the shape of the inside of the vehicle so that the whole unit is pressed into the curves the interior, otherwise it would stick out awkwardly. Behind this unit I sewed the radiant barrier temptrol which I used for the curtains. I varied the width and height of each row of "shelves". We can store like 5 days worth of socks, shirts, underwear etc, extra layers, swimsuits, toiletries, and all kinds of other random items which we need to grab on a regular basis.

65500551628--66884558-3C99-4C4A-B83A-FF266A0BAEE1.jpg
IMG-6176.jpg

IMG-6762.jpg
IMG-6791.jpg

IMG-6798.jpg

Following.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom