my build up - rust, clearance, and protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Brooklyn I'm replying here because your inbox is full and wouldn't let me reply.

Yes I'm very happy with the split transfer case swap. It's a lot quieter and stronger so it's a no brainer to me. I chose to have someone else rebuild the transfer case because I figured that was the part most likely for me to screw up. He did it for $265 labor I think. The rebuild parts were a couple hundred I think. I splurged on new driveshafts so you could save some money there. The used transfer case was $200 I think. I built my own crossmember for nothing (already had the steel). And I had to buy an adapter for my transmission, so that wasn't cheap ($600). It was a lot of work and figuring out details because of my older land cruiser but I'm sure you can do it with no problem. Later model land cruisers are easier because they are more likely to have the same (or compatible) pinion/driveshaft/output shaft flanges, splines, etc.

thanks...will be heading down the road you took -- appreciate the great details you provided in your write up...just started gathering the parts!

Taking care of some of the little things..

Decided to put heat shrink tubing on the hood prop holder to keep metal off of metal.

I thought I'd share in case someone could use this trick on this or something else.

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom