Builds My build thread - Rapido XL..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Decided to run the 35's on the TRD rims for a bit - forgot how nicely the ridge grapplers handle.... the 37's and rims I think are going up for sale ...... think 35-ish is the correct setup. suspect I'll sell the tires on CL but will be posting the Volks in the classifieds if anyone's interested.... it's a rare set of 5 in custom satin black.

hoping to finish off the diff drop and a few final things w/ Duggy before heading to Big Bend at the end of the month.

E
Iphone 12.30.17 003.JPG
Iphone 12.30.17 004.JPG
Iphone 12.30.17 005.JPG
Iphone 12.30.17 007.JPG
Iphone 12.30.17 008.JPG

Decided to run the 35's on the TRD rims for a bit - forgot how nicely the ridge grapplers handle.... the 37's and rims I think are going up for sale ...... think 35-ish is the correct setup. suspect I'll sell the tires on CL but will be posting the Volks in the classifieds if anyone's interested.... it's a rare set of 5 in custom satin black.

hoping to finish off the diff drop and a few final things w/ Duggy before heading to Big Bend at the end of the month.

EView attachment 1600690 View attachment 1600691 View attachment 1600692 View attachment 1600693 View attachment 1600694

Love that wheel/tire combo. 20" wheels look proportional. I may be interested in your Volks.

I added the TRD starter button while i waited with some guidance.... I'm sure it adds at least 20HP....

View attachment 1440044

I can't find any information on this. How does it add more HP? What about torque? Will it work for a 2009?

Or were both you being sarcastic? :doh:

Last edited:
ahah - it's dubious that any of the TRD products add much for HP other then the Superchargers... but the TRD start button was a visual enhancement only.... the TRD intake adds a nice tone but I doubt it add PH, but perhaps a bit of torque... it also worked well with the Safari snorkel so I elected to do them at the same time.

E

Thanks for not pulling my chain.

I should be getting my icons cdc in a week or so, should I wait until march/april when snow is gone to install them? I have to find a way to put either clear pvc coating or fluid film on it but I would be pissed to see rust in 2 months. I did buy the wraps as well.

I can't find any information on this. How does it add more HP? What about torque? Will it work for a 2009?

That TRD starter button is a waste of time. You should put a VTEC badge on the back -- that will give you at least as much added HP and torque as the starter button. :cool:

Spotted... on West Bellfort a couple days before Christmas.
upload_2018-1-5_21-37-59.png

Funny I read thru this thread about a week before then see you out on the road... Kinda star struck... Haha

Took the rig out to a friends ranch an hour or so outside of houston - not much for wheeling to d but did get a batch of time on dirt roads and playing on dirt/ gravle piles to see what rubbed..... good news is the 35's fully fit and stuff front and rear with the front bumpstops just right.

found a great set of railroad tracks that we hope to get video of tomorrow -

iphone 1.14.18 111.JPG
iphone 1.14.18 109.JPG
iphone 1.14.18 104.JPG
iphone 1.14.18 103.JPG
iphone 1.14.18 121.JPG

got back out to the woods in Texas to try the tracks in the daylight this weekend - but had heavy reain for a bit, got a breakl and made a pass- had ot let wife and German Shepard out.... and somehow forgot to secure the rear lprimary latch on the Slee rear..... a HUGE testiment to build quality on their end, no damage at all....... rain picked up so we decided one pass was enough for now.....

Ha ha ha....good times. Flyin' piggy

yup the tire mount side I didn't secure the primary latch...... (slaps forehead) and it came open..... luckily I saw it swing and slowed so that it didn't go wide open.

lesson learned....

Truck sounds good

Agreed- I added the rear resonator that Kooks sent me finally last week..... it really brought the tone into another level..... almost G55-ish...

it utterly cleared up a light drone that existed and a sharp-ish growl.... to a deep "let's get this done " sound....

very happy and wishing I'd done it sooner !!

E

Agreed- I added the rear resonator that Kooks sent me finally last week..... it really brought the tone into another level..... almost G55-ish...

it utterly cleared up a light drone that existed and a sharp-ish growl.... to a deep "let's get this done " sound....

very happy and wishing I'd done it sooner !!

E

Hey E,

When did Kooks plan to sell this kit? Sounds awesome.

I think they are only marketing it to the Saudi market as it's not designed for Emissions.... I'll PM you Chris's contact into over at Kooks.

best I know it never hit the market here - the cat back was a one-off bubt I know they did do a scan file of the frame so likely they could make more.

E

Nice, thanks! I think they would do well with the cat back by itself if it’s well priced. Not many options out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom