My Brake light stays on...?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brake light stays on all the time. When I have the e-brake on it is brighter but when I take it off, the light is a little dimmer but not by much. Any ideas?

Thanks

check the brake fluid level?

If you will slide your hand up the brake pedal you should find a small rubber cushion. This cushion presses on the brake light switch when the petal is released to turn them off. If all you feel is a hole then the rubber cushion has fallen out and needs to be replaced. You will have to engineer something to work in the meantime until you find the replacement part. I was able to make my own replacement. I hope this helps! BC

Last edited:
If you will slide your hand up the brake petal you should find a small rubber cushion. This cushion presses on the brake light switch when the petal is released to turn them off. If all you feel is a hole then the rubber cushion has fallen out and needs to be replaced. You will have to engineer something to work in the meantime until you find the replacement part. I was able to make my own replacement. I hope this helps! BC

X2 had the same thing happen and the tail lights were brighter with the E-brake on.

dont think the 60's has a sensor on the cap, but if it did.........good thought, the 80 series does that

check the brake fluid level?

your correct.....it does.....brain fart on my part. I would agree, either low fluid or the sensor in the cap is going bad

Check brake fluid level. It does have a sensor.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about your rear brake lights not the one on the dash. I'll shut up now.:doh:

BC

Check brake fluid level. It does have a sensor.

Like always, I thought I should search the forums for my answer after I had already posted my question...and wouldn't you know it...I found my answer!!!. Low brake fluid and there is a sensor... note to self, CHECK FORUMS BEFORE POSTING!!!

Last edited:
Would recommend checking pads and shoes for wear.

bckfrmddposter.jpg

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom