My A/C Blows Warm - DIY Recharge Kit worked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My first post on here! My first real DIY Project that was a big win for me. (more to come ... Interior cleaning pictures )

I just bought a 2000 with 242,000 on it for 2k..... It needed alot of love it had a trashed interior, ripped seats, busted tailgate, stained carpet, all rear pass wheel studs broken off with no brake pad on the inner side and only 3qt of oil in it when I picked it up.

Along with hot air coming out of the front and rear vents..... I took a chance with a cheap can of R134a refrigerant and the results were amazing! (hope it stays that way) working for 4 days now.

Take a look at the quick video I snapped on my phone when I was filling up rhe system.

I'm stoked to be a LC owner! I love how much info I can find on here.

Here is where I'm at right now.
  • Removed Roof Rack
  • Removed Running Boards

20180611_111215.jpg

In general, are there any cons to using DIY r134? That's what I've always used butI also see the guys with vacuum lines and regulators, etc. Can you hurt the system at all this way? Besides over pressurizing it...

Basically if you have to add freon, you have a leak somewhere. If it's a small leak you could probably get by with adding some like you did every summer but more than likely you will have to find the leak and repair it to avoid doing that over and over again.

unreal!

if you haven't already, visit the heater t thread. I could bet money this thing is running on the original t's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom