Rear AC not blowing cold (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rear AC is not blowing cold but my front works incredibly. Wanting to tackle this before it really heats up in Texas. Any suggestions before I go down a rabbit hole?

I bought my ‘99 LC 3 months ago and then previous owner did confirm that he recently charged the AC with R-134A at 1.5lbs.

Thanks y’all!

Not sure 99 had rear AC. Do you have vents on the roof right above the 3rd row? the heating for 2 and 3rd row are located below the front seats and center console.

My rear AC is not blowing cold but my front works incredibly. Wanting to tackle this before it really heats up in Texas. Any suggestions before I go down a rabbit hole?

I bought my ‘99 LC 3 months ago and then previous owner did confirm that he recently charged the AC with R-134A at 1.5lbs.

Thanks y’all!
If you do have a real dual system it will hold more than 1.5 lbs, check under the vehicle and see if you have lines going to the rear. Check your label under hood for amount of refrigerant it holds.

I looked up the specs. and for a dual system it holds 2.43 lbs and single unit is 1.75 lbs.

Not sure 99 had rear AC. Do you have vents on the roof right above the 3rd row? the heating for 2 and 3rd row are located below the front seats and center console.
I have the rear vents and AC control on the roof yes!

44159BDA-061D-43A8-B98D-527BF37842C2.jpeg

40AB32FF-69D6-4835-963E-E3C449ACA960.jpeg

If you do have a real dual system it will hold more than 1.5 lbs, check under the vehicle and see if you have lines going to the rear. Check your label under hood for amount of refrigerant it holds.

I looked up the specs. and for a dual system it holds 2.43 lbs and single unit is 1.75 lbs.
I think this could be the problem. I do have a dual system.

I’ll get some more and charge it here shortly and make an update.

Thank you!

I think this could be the problem. I do have a dual system.

I’ll get some more and charge it here shortly and make an update.

Thank you!
I would highly advised you take it to a shop and get it Evac and recharge to the proper amount, if you are over or under it could make a difference on the output and also you need to add some oil to the system to keep that compressor lubricated. Just my 2 pennies.

You have a leak in the system. Leaks in the lines to the rear are most common (runs down passenger side to right rear quarter panel). Follow the lines and maybe you'll find the leak (oily).

if the front works well and the rear doesn't work at all
my WAG is the rear is bypassed and capped off
especially if you just bought it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom