Builds My 1993 FZJ80 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the windshield replaced with an oem seal. They sealed it per the fsm, so it should be good to go. Lifetime warranty on the install if it leaks as well. It's so much clearer than the old one. I opted for no shade/tint at the top.

20231004_170653.jpg

I also added tires to my trailer wheel jack. The hard plastic wheel is completely useless. I drilled out the mount to 5/8" and used an 8" bolt. Works so much better and gives me a little more lift. I'm going to put a metal spacer in between instead of the plastic wheel once I find one for cheap. Right now it's almost like I run-flat... lol.

20231004_212314.jpg

20231004_212308.jpg

My sunroof has leaked the entire time I've owned this rig (almost 10 years now). I've done all the things (clean out the drains, replace drain hoses, etc) with no luck. So I said screw it and sealed that bitch shut. I'm just done with it.

This should do the trick.

20231018_203825.jpg

I taped about an inch or so on the outside and inside so the edges were somewhat clean. It worked ok, but I won't be able to see it anyway haha.

20231018_203812.jpg

Still some cleanup to do, but that's good enough for now. We'll see how well it works (or doesn't).

20231020_155614.jpg

So now that I've got a new windshield and the sunroof sealed, I decided to FINALLY install these headlights. I originally was going to do a HID setup, but LED tech has come a long way since I bought these headlights (years back), so I went that route. We'll see how well it works. I might do HID depending on how this goes. The headlights have a very nice cutoff in low-beam mode, so I won't blind anyone (it has projectors).

20231021_152057.jpg

I also dug out my old el-cheapo Harbor Freight aux lights and installed yellow HID's in those. I wanted to have LED + HID so I could get the distance of HID and the fill of LED. Then I mounted my light bar on the top section of my bumper. I need to get the headlights properly aimed before truly testing it out at night, but now I've got too many lights, so it's perfect. Next up is cleaning and painting the grille to match the blacked-out headlights and install yellow lamin-x on the headlights so they're somewhat protected.

20231021_151059.jpg

I also picked up this 12 gang Mictuning switch panel. Since my sunroof is disconnected, I'm designing an overhead console that will house it, my dome light and whatever else I can fit up there. I'd like to put my cb up there was well, but we'll see what can fit.

Screenshot 2023-10-21 172409.jpg

This little project is forcing me to finally assemble my 300x300mm printer, so I should be able to pump out all the parts I've been designing in ABS.

I went out to a couple pick-n-pulls in hopes of finding two things:

1.) LS400 sun visors
2.) 3 wire corner marker/blinker wiring

Out of two LS400's, I only found one visor: the driver's side. The color doesn't match 100%, but for $13.59, I'll just eventually grab some vinyl paint for it.

20231022_165243.jpg

Works well. I just need to design and print a mount that is slightly angled for the hinge since it's slightly the wrong angle, but it works great for now.
20231022_191954.jpg

20231022_192011.jpg

I also couldn't find any relevant Toyota's that have the corner marker plugs (rear 92ish celica light sockets, older celica turns), so I just started looking at anything around that same year. I found a Paseo, pulled the turn signals and saw they used the same electrical plug type. BUT, the socket that twists into the turn signal has 4 tabs instead of 3. I grabbed them anyway, took them home and they DO fit. I just had to angle it when putting it in the corner marker. I'll probably just file off one of the tabs, but they fit! And they only cost me $2 for everything.

20231022_165305.jpg

I also did another test print for my overhead console I'm designing. I'm just getting the mounting holes lined up first, then I'll start having fun with it.

20231022_192006.jpg

Getting everything mocked up in 3DS Max for the overhead console. Right now I just have my CB and switch panel in there, but I'll be adding two integrated swivel map lights as well. Then once I get everything I need into the design, I'll start making it pretty with smoothed edges and such. I still need to finish building my bigger printer before doing any test prints, but the design is making progress.

overhead_console_01.jpg

Just starting on the frame, making sure everything is straight and square. This is the most important part of the build, so I'm taking my time to do it right. It's a Voron Trident 300mm x 300mm x 250mm.

20231023_225752.jpg

I also found a good set of sport seats out of a 2011 Audi A4 with adjustable leg extensions. They're fully electric and heated. So I'll be using the Q7 seats I got in my 2002 A4 and these in the cruiser. They're in almost perfect shape, just a little dusty. I also got 2nd row Audi Q7 seats I'll be retro-fitting into the cruiser as well.

20231024_143538.jpg

20231024_143546.jpg

I also grabbed a pair of sun visors and a rearview mirror off a Lexus LS400. Everything fits great, just grey instead of white/cream/whatever the headliner is. But it matches my door cards and dash, so it doesn't look completely out of place. I'll have to figure out the wiring for the rearview mirror and it'll also need a spacer so it sits lower (the original is taller), but it's in much better shape and it's also a lot bigger. It bolts right up, though.

20231026_152241.jpg

20231026_152248.jpg

20231023_170120(1).jpg

I also grabbed some sunvisors from an RX330 and they fit as well, but I'll probably end up selling these. They're super cheap at the wrecking yard.

20231026_152147.jpg

I also just got my Lexus seat heater switches with the plugs & wires to hook to my Audi seats. They work very differently from the Toyota seats, but I've already tested a working solution.

20231026_153453.jpg

Not yet. I have to delete the PAIR system + EGR first and have been very busy with family stuff and work. I'll post updates when I'm able to get it installed.
I ordered the same for mine last year. Working on getting my engine out for the freshly rebuilt block. And the routing inside the frame looks pretty tight on my '93.
Does the PAIR system have to come out for it? Or just your preference for a full EGR delete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom