My 12HT is here! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, it's on this continent anyway...

Sheldon told me it was on the dock and would be at the G&S shop on tuesday.

They have 1 other truck they are going to take apart first so that I have some time to get things in order here (get the $$$ together and get my new frame prepped to receive the new engine) but it should be on it's way in a couple months...

So, does anyone have a picture of a 12HT in a 60 I can look at so I can start planning? I'm trying to figure out where I'm gonna try and shoehorn my york compressor, external oil filters and fule filters, and see if I can get an underhood welder in there, too....

I'll get pics of mine when it comes in, too...

I"m excited, my cruiser is gonna be diesel soon. :beer:

Fred

Last edited:
sisukid1975 said:
Well, it's on this continent anyway...

Sheldon told me it was on the dock and would be at the G&S shop on tuesday.

Fred
cool
make sure you have a thread of the removale and install.
cheers
and congrates

sisukid1975 said:
So, does anyone have a picture of a 12HT in a 60 I can look at so I can start planning? I'm trying to figure out where I'm gonna try and shoehorn my york compressor, external oil filters and fule filters, and see if I can get an underhood welder in there, too....

I'll get pics of mine when it comes in, too...

Fred
You asked for it.
These are out of an aussie spec 61 and that got a flat tyre and ran off a dirt road.
This one had rear H+A/C hence the extra plumbing.
12HT pics 003 (Small).jpg
12HT pics 005 (Small).jpg
12HT pics 006 (Small).jpg

and the fuel pump
12HT pics 007 (Medium).jpg

I may not have room for all the stuff I planned on putting under there! :doh:

York compressor, underhood welder are must haves..

I suppose I could move the external filters and oil pre-charger to somewhere else?

I'm planning on ditching the AC, so amybe that will clear some space. I could probably get the york to sit where the ac pump is....

I dunno, gonna be a tight fit...

Fred

sisukid1975 said:
I may not have room for all the stuff I planned on putting under there! :doh:

York compressor, underhood welder are must haves..

I suppose I could move the external filters and oil pre-charger to somewhere else?

I'm planning on ditching the AC, so amybe that will clear some space. I could probably get the york to sit where the ac pump is....

Fred
I seem to remember these photos made it look tIghter than it really was.
The radiator is also pushed back and bananard:D
Does the welder have to be onboard?
I was thinking there maybe something you can keep in the back and plug it in when you need it.
I would put it back together as close as factory,get to know it, and then do you your mods.

I think these have a few miles of vac hoses too but if everything is attached to the engine it will be easy.

Why not convert the a/c pump to an air compressor? Is that possible?

Anything special envolved with bringing that motor into the states or is that just when one brings the whole truck?

BURGER said:

It's possible but expensive. G&S would charge me a couple hundred for a running AC compressor? I can get an old york off a 70s ford, Volvo or AMC for like $20 pick and pull, and it's a proven performer for on-board air.

Fred

sisukid1975 said:

I thought you had the pump altready. :)

jefsyl said:
Anything special envolved with bringing that motor into the states or is that just when one brings the whole truck?

Nope, just finding one. And Sheldon says it's getting harder and harder. I was number one on his waiting list for almost a year.

Might have to pay some duties on it when it crosses the border-- I don't know yet how that's gonna pan out. BUt nothing special other than that, no emissions or DOT inspections or any of that stuff.

Fred

BURGER said:

Yess off course is 100% posible .. the issue with the York type, is this type of compresor have the oil system apart of air pressure system.

That mean you can oil your compresor, with out filters in the pressure line.

Tapage said:
Yess off course is 100% posible .. the issue with the York type, is this type of compresor have the oil system apart of air pressure system.

That mean you can oil your compresor, with out filters in the pressure line.

Yeah, that too! :)

Hey, what's a 12HT alternator/power steering, EDIC and starter cost in Panama?

Fred

sisukid1975 said:
Hey, what's a 12HT alternator/power steering, EDIC and starter cost in Panama? Fred

Hi Fred. Your 12HT does not have an EDIC. It uses a VSV that closes a shutter and starves the engine of air.

hth's

gb

Ah, good.... That problem is solved. Where is that valve? does it come with the long block you are selling me?

Fred

sisukid1975 said:
Ah, good.... That problem is solved. Where is that valve? does it come with the long block you are selling me? Fred

Hi Fred

Shoot Sheldon a note at info@gscruiserparts.com for a complete list, if you don't have it already.

Thanks

gb

sisukid1975 said:
Yeah, that too! :)

Hey, what's a 12HT alternator/power steering, EDIC and starter cost in Panama?

Fred

12 Alternator .. are not cheap .. not easy to found it .. not much 12H-T here. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom