Must have CHEAP mods to 100 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get a can of Mass Air Flow sensor cleaner (about $9.00) and clean your MAF sensor if you haven't done it. One clip, two screws and takes 10 minutes. Slightly more involved is cleaning the throttle body (cleaner is about $5.00). I have 140,000 on my LX470, and it was never done before. It made a nice difference in throttle response and cruising power.

Get a can of Mass Air Flow sensor cleaner (about $9.00) and clean your MAF sensor if you haven't done it. One clip, two screws and takes 10 minutes. Slightly more involved is cleaning the throttle body (cleaner is about $5.00). I have 140,000 on my LX470, and it was never done before. It made a nice difference in throttle response and cruising power.

Uh, dumb question but where is this sensor located?

Thanks for the report. I have the Lunds and may also switch to these, they look great!

Are those Escape Gear covers on your front seats? Any more pics? Can we get a review? I’m deciding between these and SOR covers. My favorites are Melville & Moon but they told me their 100 series covers won’t fit our USA spec trucks. This was probably two years ago, I’ve been stalling ever since.
I did a quick review...I have had them for a year and they are awesome. No regrets in my purchase.

Have the 88p myself. Great little pump and works pretty quickly. Actually thinking building myself a mounting plate for where the AHC pump assembly sits for it.

I realize you already have the viair, but for future readers, consider the Smittybilt 2780.
It has better flow, 2.5 vs 1.5 cfm, better (more universal I guess) connections, and was designed to be permanently mounted.

I got mine from 4wd for the same price as the viair 88 using a 10% code, that changes but seems to be available all the time, for ~$68 shipped.

I'm not able to reliably review or critique as a new owner with stock tires, but it seems to have positive feedback from owners online.

I realize you already have the viair, but for future readers, consider the Smittybilt 2780.
It has better flow, 2.5 vs 1.5 cfm, better (more universal I guess) connections, and was designed to be permanently mounted.

I got mine from 4wd for the same price as the viair 88 using a 10% code, that changes but seems to be available all the time, for ~$68 shipped.

I'm not able to reliably review or critique as a new owner with stock tires, but it seems to have positive feedback from owners online.
Have mixed reviews with SmittyBuily stuff in the past. So can’t bring myself to buy stuff from them. But good to know the price is comparable to the 88p but better flow.

Guys - this is still winning the race for me for the combination of cheapest + easiest upgrade I've made to date:

K&N Engine Air Filter: High Performance, Premium, Washable, Replacement Filter: 1998-2017

Why? Because its took 15 seconds to open the filter box, toss out the old garbage, and drop in the K&N, and I noticed immediate and sustained throttle response. I STILL have the not cheap TRD supercharger mod on the wish list, but this definitely put some hustle in my giddyup. You gotta do it!

Guys - this is still winning the race for me for the combination of cheapest + easiest upgrade I've made to date:

K&N Engine Air Filter: High Performance, Premium, Washable, Replacement Filter: 1998-2017

Why? Because its took 15 seconds to open the filter box, toss out the old garbage, and drop in the K&N, and I noticed immediate and sustained throttle response. I STILL have the not cheap TRD supercharger mod on the wish list, but this definitely put some hustle in my giddyup. You gotta do it!
Isn’t there info (true or not) that K&N air filters let sand through? I thought I had read that years ago.

Isn’t there info (true or not) that K&N air filters let sand through? I thought I had read that years ago.

I set it to the right point in the dyno video for the filter run. I wouldn't run a K&N on any dusty trail. I am always amazed at how much fine sand there is in the filter when I get back from dusty trails. I wouldn't want to risk using an oiled filter to catch all of that fine dust.

I set it to the right point in the dyno video for the filter run. I wouldn't run a K&N on any dusty trail. I am always amazed at how much fine sand there is in the filter when I get back from dusty trails. I wouldn't want to risk using an oiled filter to catch all of that fine dust.

Not to mention that the oil from the filters can affect the MAF sensor.

Thanks for sharing, I learn something new every day!

Yes, I fell for the pitch about 20y ago on my 97 Astro van.

I did hear that a dirty kn air filter does a better job than clean. Thus I did not change/clean for over 200k miles. 300k miles and van passes ca smog every time w original engine (bought @ 15k miles).

Seems to me oil filter/maintenance is the key to longevity.

Why? Because its took 15 seconds to open the filter box, toss out the old garbage, and drop in the K&N, and I noticed immediate and sustained throttle response. I STILL have the not cheap TRD supercharger mod on the wish list, but this definitely put some hustle in my giddyup.
K&Ns are not ideal in non-race applications.

People posted air compressors but I didn't see this one. It's a dual cylinder 85LPM compressor and it's super fast. Has a digital display with auto shut off so you can move it around between tires and go chat while it fills.

People posted air compressors but I didn't see this one. It's a dual cylinder 85LPM compressor and it's super fast. Has a digital display with auto shut off so you can move it around between tires and go chat while it fills.

LOL... you are right about the same price as the Viair 88p (which is a much more widely known and trusted brand vs. BLIKZONE) so why spend the money on something that is some random vs. something that is tried and true? I have had my Viair for 5yrs now, gets only used a handful of times a year and has never overheated and shut off, pumped my 31s from 12-15psi to 38psi in about 2 1/2 minutes a piece without issue.

But to each their own. If you want to spend money on that one go for it.

LOL... you are right about the same price as the Viair 88p (which is a much more widely known and trusted brand vs. BLIKZONE) so why spend the money on something that is some random vs. something that is tried and true? I have had my Viair for 5yrs now, gets only used a handful of times a year and has never overheated and shut off, pumped my 31s from 12-15psi to 38psi in about 2 1/2 minutes a piece without issue.

But to each their own. If you want to spend money on that one go for it.
LOL here is one reason because mine has twin-cylinders and yours only has one so in any conditions mine will fill the tire twice as fast as yours. Up at high elevation it makes an even bigger difference LOL Yes I did spend my own money on it LOL. Also...LOL...it has auto-shut off so you can just hook it up and forget until you hear it shut off then move to the next tire etc etc LOL just makes it easy LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom