'Mud pet memorial thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The suckage is even worse - it happened right in front of my daughter. The screaming was awful.

My best buddy Paco (the big guy on the left )

MANY cruiser trips from california and washington to vermont

After 13 years together, I miss him every day
pacolinly.jpg

Sorry Wristy, I know too well what your going through. I still hear Harley in the middle of the night and ocationally think I see him come out of the house with the kids.

Damn good dog, one of these days I'll start poking around on some of the Lab rescue sites.

Not quite ready yet...

Same here Brian, hope she's had some time to heal.

I assume the assbag didn't even stop or slow down?

Actually, he did stop. But the reaction from my wife (she went ballistic) and my son standing next to her looking pissed off got him to thinking skulking away would be prudent. I don't blame them, because I would have wondered if violence was going to break out. Valerie was hot, and I mean steamin'. I've never even pissed her off that much.

He now drives slowly through the neighborhood, but his dip**** buddies still lay rubber.

Actually, he did stop. But the reaction from my wife (she went ballistic) and my son standing next to her looking pissed off got him to thinking skulking away would be prudent. I don't blame them, because I would have wondered if violence was going to break out. Valerie was hot, and I mean steamin'. I've never even pissed her off that much.

He now drives slowly through the neighborhood, but his dip**** buddies still lay rubber.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he got his ass kicked. I certainly wouldn't have been able to control myself in that situation. To his credit though, at least he did stop, and at least he slows down through there now.

Rainbow Bridge

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Author unknown... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Author unknown... [/SIZE]

Does that mean there is, conversely, a Doggy Hell for vicious pit bulls that maul kids and pets?:confused:

Does that mean there is, conversely, a Doggy Hell for vicious pit bulls that maul kids and pets?:confused:

Nope, that's for the people who bred that behavior into them. The Michael Vicks of the world.

The pitbulls are as well-tempered as all the other dogs at the Rainbow Bridge.

Nope, that's for the people who bred that behavior into them. The Michael Vicks of the world.

The pitbulls are as well-tempered as all the other dogs at the Rainbow Bridge.

Well, that's a given that the owners get some or all Pearly Gates points dinged.

But I'm not talking about well-tempered pit bulls. The problem ain't with them.

Well, that's a given that the owners get some or all Pearly Gates points dinged.

But I'm not talking about well-tempered pit bulls. The problem ain't with them.

I know. What I meant was the ill-tempered overly hostile ones are back to being normal, happy dogs when they die and go to the Rainbow Bridge.

Guinness

This morning was Guinness' last ride. He was 13 and suffering from many illnesses. We saved him from a basement when he was just over a year old and he has been with us through thick and thin since. My wife and I are unable to have children (although we were never intending to) and he was our only one.

Rest in peace my dear friend.

Best Old Dog.jpg
Best Old Dog.jpg

This morning was Guinness' last ride. He was 13 and suffering from many illnesses. We saved him from a basement when he was just over a year old and he has been with us through thick and thin since. My wife and I are unable to have children (although we were never intending to) and he was our only one.

View attachment 249719

:frown:

Saying goodbye sucks.

I've noticed that on here (and I'm sure in most households) a pet is far more than just an animal. A pet is another member of the family, and that makes it even harder to let go.

:frown:

Saying goodbye sucks.

I've noticed that on here (and I'm sure in most households) a pet is far more than just an animal. A pet is another member of the family, and that makes it even harder to let go.
Yep. I know some folks feel otherwise about "just dogs" but in my case Guinness was as good a human friend as I ever had.

Chris,

Sorry to hear about Guinness. I'm glad I got a chance to meet him. Just remember how lucky he was to have you and your wife during his life............he'll be on the other side of the bridge waiting. Dave

WOW!

That sucks!

Sorry to here about him passing on.

View attachment 249719

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom