MPG towing a 3k pop-up on 35's!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have not re-geared. I run 35's with stock gearing, ARB up front and 4x4 Labs in the back with spare and 3 full 20 liter scepter gas cans. The trailer weighed in around 3k. On the trip down to Moab area from Salt Lake City we achieved 13.8 miles to the gallon and the way back we got 13.3 mpg. We were doing 70 where allowed and 65 the rest of the way. I was surprised. Every day driving is around 14, so I expected around 11.5 to 12. We had a great time in the La Sal mountains.
Elijah's B-day 08 024.jpg

you know, thats better MPG then I get without all that crap. You must'a been driving miss daisy.

(oh and two kittens are down for the count now)

you know, thats better MPG then I get without all that crap. You must'a been driving miss daisy.

(oh and two kittens are down for the count now)

kitten, shmitten... who cares about cats anyway? :flipoff2:

I'm not a lead foot but I do like to keep up with traffic.
Elijah's B-day 08 0801.jpg

Last edited:
I have not re-geared. I run 35's with stock gearing, ARB up front and 4x4 Labs in the back with spare and 3 full 20 liter scepter gas cans. The trailer weighed in around 3k. On the trip down to Moab area from Salt Lake City we achieved 13.8 miles to the gallon and the way back we got 13.3 mpg. We were doing 70 where allowed and 65 the rest of the way. I was surprised. Every day driving is around 14, so I expected around 11.5 to 12. We had a great time in the La Sal mountains.

That's great relative mileage!

Not bad. By the way, I really like your rig!

I notice that pulling my pop-up does not change the mileage that much, depends on the grades of the mountain roads.

Lets face it, we own TORQ Montsters. I don't care what the ratings are, I have never owned anything with this much.

Thanks for the Post, that is great info. I am looking to upgrade my tent trailer tow vehicle from my 4runner and was thinking 80 series but the more I research the more it looks like the 100 is the way to go.

Nice rig!

I like your 35's on your rig. Would like to learn more as I plan to do the same:
What lift are your running? Any issues with rubbing? Are those stock wheels? Any extra spacing required on your wheels?
Any help is appreciated.

FAQ has a bunch of info.

It's the OME torsion bars with heavy OME coils in the back. The front tires rub slightly on frame on full turn. No spacers behind the stock wheels yet. The rears don't rub at all. The more you crank the torsion bars the closer the front tires come in towards the frame. That's why 33's almost never rub. As to what's on the hundy, it's in the sig line.

I got 12-13 pulling a fleetwood e1 from CO to MN through Yellowstone on 33's. 3800 miles. Cheepest gas was $4.19. I watched the tach and tried to "save" gas. But often found myself going 70-75mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom